• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

formation screen sprite problem

Started by Zetaro, August 02, 2010, 06:26:27 am

Zetaro

ya i dont understand the tutorial and what its saying, i need some help understanding it. thanks in advance to anyone who can help. =D
Everyone will know the name Zetaro!

Zozma

after you export the unit.bin and wldface.bin files out of the game, you open them with that program and export/import the 16 color versions of what you want into that then insert the files back into the game. its really easy...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

scatttman

ok more deailed open ur iso in cd mage extract unit.bin and wldface.bin opne those files in FFTEVGRP replace the sprites (16 colors) and reimport unit.bin and wldface.bin to your iso its easy

Zozma

unless you're referring to the PSP version, in which case you're asking for help in the wrong place

Zetaro

Where is the WLDFACE.bin located? and whats FFTEVGRP? besides those questions that should do it. thanks

Zozma

this is FFTEVGRP
http://www.ffhacktics.com/downloads.php?id=15

wldface.bin should be in the same place as unit.bin isnt it?

Zetaro

alright i got it but im having trouble. i made a sprite and it only has 15 color, it needs to be 16 color, how can i do that?

Zetaro

how on graphics gale is what im really asking...by the way thanks you guys for the help idk what id do if this website didn't exist

Zetaro

scatttman

i think theres no problem if the sprite has 15 color but if it has you could add ust one pixel of a color a little bit brighter or darker than a color that u already have

Zetaro

hmm im trying but nothing's working i import the bmp it says it has the wrong resolution

Zozma

it has to be "indexed 16 color" and i actually use gimp for that so i donno how it is in gg

Zetaro

lol i used and all i got was question marks

Zetaro

alright ppl i have gimp now how do i do the indexxed color 16 thing. thanks agian for all the help =D

Zozma

there should be a tab for changing the color to "indexed" but i forget what its called, "transform" or something like that? i forget

Zetaro

i found it! im still having trouble grr this thing is ughhh!