• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:59:33 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

More Maps

Started by lirmont, June 28, 2011, 06:58:38 am

GeneralStrife

wow that's cool. It's a redneck death corps fovoham base lulz

Kivutar

Wow, this is a great model!
Tethical, an online FFT clone

Pickle Girl Fanboy

The outflow pipe (the one at the bottom of the cistern) is too large.  And you don't have in inflow pipe, which will move water from deep underground to the cistern.  It doesn't have to terminate on top of the cistern, but it should be near to top if it terminates in the side of the cistern.  The inflow pipe should also come right out of the ground, not from the windmill.  For convienence, put it next to the (smaller, next time) outflow pipe.

The platform should go all the way around the windmill and cistern, so people can walk around it and fix things.

The platform itself can't hold a cistern with much water.  The cistern needs a metal supporting structure, just like the cisterns in those pictures.  It's on a platform and above the roofs of other houses so it can provide adequate water pressure to those houses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_tower
^The pictures in this article should help.  And, though it's not really needed, you could make the bottom of the cistern rounded or shaped like a funnel where the outflow pipe meets the cistern.  And the outflow pipe can just go straight into the ground; it doesn't have to be curved.  All the pipes which lead to the houses, as well as the actual pumping machines that the wind turbine power, are underground.

lirmont

July 29, 2011, 09:35:04 pm #63 Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 08:05:43 am by lirmont
Alright, here's the second try:

This try includes a metal frame for the cistern/tank, an inflow pipe attached near the top of the cistern, scaffolding around and up the structure as a whole, and a smaller outflow pipe. This version is 6x4 playable squares.

Also, start of the second map being re-done:

Kivutar

Tethical, an online FFT clone

MasterGrand

Let's be together !!

Cheetah

When are we going to see a pic of this windmill in the entire map?
Current Projects:

lirmont

I just wanted to wait until the people that had contributed the ideas got a chance to comment on them. So, since that's happened:

And one for kicks:

Cheetah

Request Filled!!

This is freaking amazing looking. I want to battle on this map. Even the layout and mechanics of this map are intelligent in addition to the actual visual design.

The level of detail will just never look good with sprites though right? We need some 3D models on this.
Current Projects:

lirmont

I wouldn't write sprites off yet. It will certainly look different than FFT, but mostly I think the focus is on making sure that the proportions match (namely, how tall things are by comparison to the sprite). Basically, what is the end result of a 3D character model anyway? It's a 2D sprite that composites variable lighting, textures, and other passes over a set amount of screen space (determined by what the camera can see of it). In other words, the map can be proportioned against the sprite (which is what I've done already, to the best of my knowledge), and I bet the end result will still look really good (and hopefully it'll be fun to play).

Lijj

That windmill fits great in there.
I agree with cheetah this looks condusive to an epic battle.
Maybe if you end up using the sprites you could recolor them with softer colors or something.
  • Modding version: PSX

alanai

Wow Lirmont, These maps are amazing :D, I wonder why square didnt recruit you for map making XD cuz I would :D.

MasterGrand

I wonder when Lirmonet create new maps ?
Let's be together !!