• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:45:01 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

PPSSPP Cwcheats... some working, most not?

Started by Harlequin, July 22, 2015, 02:28:52 am

Harlequin

I recently decided to play around with FFT hacking and such again, having been away from it for a long time. I decided to do something simple: throw together a few custom palettes and put them in that last row of sprite palettes before the portrait palettes begin (the 8th one down), since for most sprites that one is blank and thus - I assume - at least mostly unused. Then I was going to use this code, provided by user DominicNY18 both here and on GameFAQs, to access those palettes...
_C0 Palette Modifier
_L 0x00AE7B38 0x0000000?
_L 0x00AE7D20 0x0000000?
_L 0x00AE7F08 0x0000000?
_L 0x00AE80F0 0x0000000?
_L 0x00AE82D8 0x0000000?

Only one problem... it didn't work. I set it up right and everything, but it didn't even work just trying to turn them to the Southern Sky colors. I tried seeing if I could get any codes to work, and the only one I was able to confirm as working was Infinite HP. So basically, I'm at a loss. I'd test the code on my actual PSP, but I can't find my charger and it's been sitting in a drawer for so long that it's completely out of juice.

Anyone have any ideas on what's going on? I couldn't find anything about this specific issue on the net, and I don't have any kind of feedback from the emulator to work with... just a lot of nothing happening. The Memory Viewer was giving me issues  as well, so... yeah... very confusing...

Angel

_C0 <--- there's the reason it doesn't work. C0 = turned off, C1 = turned on.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Xifanie

The game originally only supports the 5 first palettes... I made a hack for the PSX version, but there is a pretty big issue concerning those extra palettes, especially the 6th one which randomly causes the game to freeze when a unit picking up a crystal/treasure from a palette 6 unit (I think the other two are fine though, minus graphical bugs). Without such a hack, I'm pretty sure all you can get is a pure black character.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Harlequin

Quote from: Toshiko on July 22, 2015, 07:45:42 am
_C0 <--- there's the reason it doesn't work. C0 = turned off, C1 = turned on.

Oh, I know. In fact, PPSSPP automatically changes that for you when you enable the code in the emulator itself. And even with _C1, I got nothing. That said, the next part of this post makes this whole thread a waste...

Quote from: Xifanie on July 22, 2015, 09:23:46 am
The game originally only supports the 5 first palettes... I made a hack for the PSX version, but there is a pretty big issue concerning those extra palettes, especially the 6th one which randomly causes the game to freeze when a unit picking up a crystal/treasure from a palette 6 unit (I think the other two are fine though, minus graphical bugs). Without such a hack, I'm pretty sure all you can get is a pure black character.

This... I did not know. And I wish I did, because I would've saved myself a lot of trouble. At least I know for now, though, so thanks.