• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:33:47 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

sceap shishi error?

Started by suekru, June 11, 2015, 02:01:56 am

suekru

June 11, 2015, 02:01:56 am Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 02:19:28 am by suekru
I'm getting this whenever I try to extract the sceap file. What am I doing wrong?

Trust me when I say I've been all around the forums looking for an answer before posting. I found a similar post about the game over screen. I just wanted to know what other program if not shishi do I use for editing this?

3lric

You need to post what version you are using.

Also, PSX or WotL?
  • Modding version: PSX

suekru

Quote from: Elric on June 11, 2015, 03:57:54 am
You need to post what version you are using.

Also, PSX or WotL?

Oh yeah, sorry>.< I'm using 1.0.0.457. And I'm using my PSX copy.

3lric

Hmm, that is indeed odd. Have you patched your image with anything? I use .478 and haven't had an issue. I would suggest trying that and posting your results here. If that also doesn't work, I think we can rule out Shishi being the issue.

At that point, I'd likely suggest you re-rip the image with different software, however it may simply be an issue with your FFTP Suite.

suekru

Quote from: Elric on June 11, 2015, 06:30:32 am
Hmm, that is indeed odd. Have you patched your image with anything? I use .478 and haven't had an issue. I would suggest trying that and posting your results here. If that also doesn't work, I think we can rule out Shishi being the issue.

At that point, I'd likely suggest you re-rip the image with different software, however it may simply be an issue with your FFTP Suite.

I tried ripping it with a different program, copying my friends .bin on his computer, and even resorted to trying a downloaded version and all gave me the same error :/
Because the .bin I was trying to use in the first place only has some sprite changes and a new title screen. But obviously that's not the issue.

3lric

Then you may simply have an issue with your version of the FFTP Suite. I would suggest downloading either FFTP .478 or FFTP .482

suekru

Quote from: Elric on June 11, 2015, 04:46:29 pm
Then you may simply have an issue with your version of the FFTP Suite. I would suggest downloading either FFTP .478 or FFTP .482

That seemed to fix it! Thank you very much ^-^

3lric

Anytime, glad you got it working.