• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Adding Sprites, Not changing them.

Started by Arkles, May 08, 2013, 04:32:18 pm

Arkles

May 08, 2013, 04:32:18 pm Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 04:56:47 pm by Arkles
Hello,

I've just recently begun modding my PSP version of War of the Lions through the use of the many tutorials here. There are some very interesting things which can be done and I am getting through the learning phase pretty well.

Now, I know a lot of people post asking about how to do the custom sprites bit, I know how to do that but I don't want to be editing already existing sprites. I want to know if it is possible to add BRAND NEW sprites to the sprite list rather than have to override a pre-existing one. I downloaded all the tools and they are somewhat limited.

The FFTEVGRP has a lot of pictures/units that are labled as ? and that don't have a corresponding number with the FFTPatcher or the LionEditor which causes problems when trying to edit these out. Unless a list exists somewhere that I am unaware of, I spent hours coming through the Help and Spriting Section for these answers to no avail.

Also, the default classes you change your people to using the patcher or the editor always revert the character to their base class of the parent character. Ie: I used Izlude as a base and selected the Fell Knight Class from the Drop down menu, however the base job class to upgrade the Job points and select the abilities is still Izludes base Class Nightblade which I cannot change. This is why I want to know if it's possible to add new lines to the sprite list.

Or if I am going to replace one of the already existing sprites, like the extras for Celia and Lette, how do I link them to a specific job and etc, like say I was going to use one of the Rune Knight palettes to replace them, such as Isilude, then how would I go about in the LionEditor/FTTPatcher making that character have the proper base class (Divine Knight, Nightblade, Fell Night) if selected. And even though there are Sprites for these blanks I just said, there's no Portrait or Formation in the FFTEVGRP how do I get around this?

Thanks, Arkles

zitimotley

OMG i have the sane dilemma as you. This is exactly the issue that i'm having right now. I wiah someone would reply to this query as this will definitely help those who want to get the special NPCs without screwing the game so much. I really could care less about custom sprites as i think what square placed in FFT are beautifuly designed already. I was able to have Delita in my party by modifying his CH 1 sprite, but like you, i also want isilud in my party but im getting confused on how lioneditor and shishi would be able to link the sprites,battle sprites,formation screen and job class. FFTVe has som priest looking sprites than can be edited i guess but they are not in shishi and lioneditor.