• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Making Human Units behave like Special Monsters.

Started by Timbo, October 15, 2013, 10:24:36 pm

Timbo

October 15, 2013, 10:24:36 pm Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 12:03:15 pm by Jack of All Trades
In order to have a 4th type of chocobo I need to swap the Chocobo and the Dragon monster families around. I could use Razele's the first X monsters are mountable hack to make Chocobo's mountable again, but that would essentially force me to make every monster except for the Hydra family mountable. This is not acceptable.

Here is my question:

Can I re-apply Razele's Job X is mountable hack multiple times to make each of my swapped chocobo's mountable again?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Philogosten

Why isn't all monsters mountable acceptable? I never have seen the AI mount any creature so I don't understand the problem.
Now taking bets on which kills me first. lung cancer or liver failure

Choto

I don't think it's as simple as that. I haven't looked at the code but it likely just makes an exception somewhere for that certain class. Meaning if you reapply it over and over you'd just be rewriting the same code and only the last one that is applied would stick. I don't understand why you would need to swap the dragons and chocobos though. You should be able to just choose the chocobo monster graphic/palette in FFTPatcher, and then use Razele's hack to make that job mountable. I could be mistaken though since I never actually tried doing that.

Timbo

I just figured out a solution. I'll make my special chocobo replace the holy dragon job. I'll use the japanese tools to swith the purple dragon formation with the chocobo one and bam, mountable chocobo!

3lric

Quote from: Philogosten on October 16, 2013, 04:50:49 am
Why isn't all monsters mountable acceptable? I never have seen the AI mount any creature so I don't understand the problem.

It looks like shit, because the CYOKO Sprite Type is built for this. MON Type is not.
Not to mention, mountable Bull Demon? Yeah... No

Timbo

My idea doesn't work. I was running off of the assumption that the Formation sprites were using full images instead of palletes. I was wrong and I'm screwed. Does anybody know how to make a human type unit behave like a monster type unit (Not be able to use equipment/rsms/job wheel) Because honestly, I'm out of ideas?

Eternal

For the record, mounting Behemoths and Dragons is hilarious.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Timbo

I think it's awesome. Could you imagine the faces of all the doucebags on chocobos when you roll up on 'em on your Behemoth.

RavenOfRazgriz

Here's what you do:

Add your Chocobo Sprite to the slot where the Chocobo Sprite normally is in ShiShi, as I assume you gave the Chocobo Sprite a 4th palette for your 4th Chocobo.

Move the Archaic Demon to the Job slot below the Ultima Demon.

Make your Chocobo Job in the slot the Archaic Demon used to be in.  Give it the settings M. Portrait 86, M. Palette 3, M. Graphic 1.

Replace Archaic Demon's Formation Screen data with the data you want to use.

Use hack to make new Job mountable.

This "should" do what you need to do, or at least get you close enough that you can figure the rest out on your own.  The four Chocobo Jobs don't need to be in concurrent order since the only things determined by that are Eggs and Mounting, the former of which wouldn't happen for your 4th Chocobo and the latter of which the ASM fixes.

Timbo

October 16, 2013, 05:31:38 pm #9 Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 06:37:55 pm by Elric
My patch is attempting to add new monsters to the game, so I've all ready relocated the ghosts to the Elidibs and Archaic/Ultima Demon slots.

I'm going to try to use UW Entries to link a different portrait to job 9B instead. I just hope it works like a special monster job.

EDIT:
I'm pretty it works, but just in case it does not I better ask. One of my patches goals is to expand monsters moving ghosts and skeletons out of the base breeding set and into the special monster realm and moving other critters into their space. Skeletons spriteins are basically human sprites minus a few animations. So, using a human job slot should be okay right?

EDIT:
By the way, I almost forgot. Thanks for the help.

Condensed by Elric

3lric

Jack of all Trades, you've been here long enough to know we have an Edit button,
bumping threads by double or triple posting is not allowed.

Myrmidon

woot! I'm useful!

3D: Knight (Undead) - 9B: Sword Skill
3F: Archer (Undead) - 9C: Charge
42: Wizard (Undead) - 9D: Black Magic
44: Time Mage (Undead) - 9E: Time Magic
46: Oracle (Undead) - 9F: Yin-Yang Magic
47: Summoner (Undead) - A0: Summon

all of these humans are coded as special monsters - no Job Wheel access, and can't change equipment/skills.

Timbo

I'd like to add that Using them for RAD jobs causes big time glitches too.