• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:54:32 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Official Sprite Request Section (Rarely fulfilled)

Started by Zozma, October 04, 2008, 11:30:04 pm

Angel

The originals are on a Japanese site that blocks access to any non-Japanese IP address. The files that contain them are also not very descriptive unless you can read Japanese. But, seeing as they're not all from a single author, and that some of them... well... just aren't that great, you're better off rebuilding them and taking liberties as you go, regardless. 1-5 I rather like, but Terra/Tina isn't that great, and Squall, Zidane, and Tidus are pretty awful. The author of Bartz there did a better Squall, and I still didn't like it.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Celdia

That Squall is like the derpiest thing ever. Nice repro's you got going on so far for the rest, Diethe.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

TheGravity

Fou-Lu, Breath of Fire 4. Probably my favorite character in any game.

Reference: http://bof.wikia.com/wiki/Fou-Lu

Angel

Hm. Fou-Lu would be fun with an accompanying Ryu. Now I want to see that done + Fou-Lu's battle themes ported... Wouldn't translate well to FFT's sound font, but meh, details.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Kagebunji

Quote from: Toshiko on April 22, 2014, 11:29:16 am
Hm. Fou-Lu would be fun with an accompanying Ryu. Now I want to see that done + Fou-Lu's battle themes ported... Wouldn't translate well to FFT's sound font, but meh, details.

Go Joops!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

MasterGrand

Hello guys

Please someone make sprites : Pesmerga and Phan, Solon Jhee, Seed,Culgan.

Thanks Advance
Let's be together !!

Seperest

My request isn't really for a new sprite to be made. I'm pretty dumb when it comes to using image editing software (GIMP 2.0 seemed the easiest but still not getting it right). Anyway after 3 days straight of following the tutorials on this site, I'm still in a slump. If anyone has time could you please convert the sprites I've attached into whats needed for the formation screen and portraits for me? Thanks in advance!

3lric

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6702.0

This is probably what you used ^

You need to try again, this isn't really optional for patch making, if it didn't work, its cuz you didn't
read it word for word or missed a step. If you follow every step exactly as Celdia wrote it, you won't
have issues. Also, graphicsgale has a free version, so there is nothing from the tutorial that cannot
be easily acquired.

If it didn't work, keep trying until it does. Otherwise we are just giving you fish without teaching you
how to catch them, ya dig?

Seperest

I dig, I'll grab Graphics Gale (Didn't know it was free) Maybe then I'll be able to get it working. Thanks for re-motivating me Elric!

TobiasVX

Id appreciate it if someone would make either a full Artorias the Abysswalker unit sprite or just making his helmet and sticking it over the head of the Sentinel custom sprite for me. The damn thing is tricky to do and I spent most of 4 hours just trying to get the shape of it right for my portrait im working on for him.

CONMAN

Hear my plea spriting gods!!!

For a while I have had a sprite hope lingering in the back of head....There is something missing deep inside of you hacktics fanatics!  You craft your fantasy game with delight and fun all the while ignoring an emptiness before you.  Do you even know what it is that you are missing?  Do you have any idea why three margaritas down I am typing like a dumbass?

I'll tell you why:
WE DON'T HAVE A AJORA DAMNED QUEEN OF IVALICE SPRITE IN THIS FREAKING GAME!

For shame hacktics... FOR SHAME!!

Yes, yes, I could pop out a Ruvelia sprite on my own.  But do you trust this sad tainted lineage to pop out a worthy queen of Ivalice?  For real I'm willing to fucking try- BUT, I want your help.  This should be one of.... I'm sorry, THE most important sprite the game and this site have yet to create.... Until Delita takes over- she is the freakin queen.  She might be shackled and powerless, but seriously her lack of presence is a shame.

I would totally like to make one myself- and I still probably.  The thing is: typically no one wants to recreate a sprite once one has been made.  I don't want to make a shatty one when others might have better ideas on how it should be done.  I expect that I will create something heavily influenced by the Ovelia sprite and by her brother Larg.  I'm thinking some kind of white-leapord spotted thing around around her neck.....i think you know what i'm talking about.  Red or purple cape business and some freaking gold shit-because.... all we/I have to go on is a little port (atleast that's done!).  Suggestions/comments/concerns/shutups.....

Seushiro

Um Delita did take over and had the Queen commit treason for kidnapping Ovelia. For one I would like to see that one since that is how I would like my patch to be. Orinas grown up as an exile fugitive with only thoughts of revenge and rescuing the Queen at Bethla Garrison. If she is 27 back then she will still not be over 50 when Orinas hits 18 to rescue her... So a nice little war will happen when He rescues her and seeks the Throne from Delita. BUT really... No full Body concept art it would be hard to sprite that one up

Celdia

I've been meaning to make a post in here for a while now and CONMAN's avatar reminded me to do so. CONMAN, you'll have to forgive me if I think your avatar isn't quite up to the quality I'm looking for but the sprite you did was certainly good enough to get my attention. Now if someone could just make a better portrait for it, I would be quite appreciative. Here's the modified version I've got handy with a couple extra palettes I intend to use for it. It does need to be compatible to at least three swappable palettes like so. Here's hoping someone with more skill than me has some free time to work up something for this.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Jumza

Quote from: CONMAN on May 31, 2014, 10:37:16 pm
WE DON'T HAVE A AJORA DAMNED QUEEN OF IVALICE SPRITE IN THIS FREAKING GAME!

I'm pretty sure Ajora is a man :P
But yeah, it would be nice to see more sprites based on royalty, then it would be easier for people to develop a plot that has some political aspects without being forced to use only 3 sprites or characters that actually look kind of regal.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

CONMAN

QuoteBut yeah, it would be nice to see more sprites based on royalty, then it would be easier for people to develop a plot that has some political aspects without being forced to use only 3 sprites or characters that actually look kind of regal.

This is exactly why I made this post.  I was plotting along these lines when this absence jumped out at me.  We could totally use a sprite of the king as well, but her being alive during the normal game just shouts inclusion.

QuoteNo full Body concept art it would be hard to sprite that one up
I sure wish that this existed...Imagination time soon I guess.

QuoteI've been meaning to make a post in here for a while now and CONMAN's avatar reminded me to do so. CONMAN, you'll have to forgive me if I think your avatar isn't quite up to the quality I'm looking for
No offense taken.  My new avatar is way better than the crap I first put out, but not quite on the level of good ports around here!  The original was so bad I had to put something else out eventually!  Also, I love that you put some new palettes on her- I wanted to get on that some time.

TobiasVX

I have a joke request...Steve from Minecraft (blocky design and all) Id honestly just like to see someone make this for shits and grins.

Brekka

Hello everyone. I'm new here. Just wondering if possible a Fei Fong Wong sprite from Xenogears. I love martial art characters from various RPG's and whatnot. Just wondering if it's possible. Thank you^^

aln1591

Hello everybody, i have a dream request... if possible of course, Raphael Sorel from ''Soul Calibur 3'',  Here's the image :  Thank you all !!!

Never give up!!!

aln1591

Sorry for the big image,i coudn't find a small one...
Never give up!!!

Robin_Goblin