• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:17:45 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Multi Hit Skills?

Started by Jubei1986, July 15, 2011, 01:09:44 pm

Jubei1986

Basically this, taken (from Celdia's Patch)

"Thousand Blades: Throw a series of daggers at a nearby enemy. Moderate non-elemental damage. Strikes 5 times"

What kind of formula would i use for something to strike 5x? Could i do the same with, lets say a shuriken?
And is it possible to do this with skills as well in regulard FFT not FFTWOTL, because i know WOTL has barrage, but i want something
along the lines of just a double or triple attack? if theres a tutorial or post on this that i didnt see i apologize in advance.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I have no idea.  Just posting so you know that you're not being ignored.

Celdia

The description of the original formula 5E from the wiki page with formulas:

Quote5E Dmg_((MA+Y)/2*MA) #Hit_(X+1) 6.25% Status [Triple Thunder, Triple Flame, Dark Whisper] (This is the only multi-hit formula in the game that ALWAYS occurs X+1 number of times.)

I use a modified version of this for Thousand Blades in my patch. As it notes there, this is the only formula that lets you set the exact number of hits.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Jubei1986

Lol PGF thank you for posting  :) , and thank you very much celdia answered my question 100%!