• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:06:04 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Using Blue Magic with Math Skill

Started by Dormin Jake, July 10, 2008, 09:43:33 pm

Dormin Jake

July 10, 2008, 09:43:33 pm Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 11:17:53 pm by Dormin Jake
Okay, so I've deleted my original post on the subject of Blue Magic, because I figured out what I was doing wrong, so nevermind any of that.

I'm using Math Skill as my skillset for Blue Magic.  How can I use any of my abilities in battle?  I'm always getting the error message that I haven't learned any 'combo abilities,' and thus cannot use any of my correctly learned blue magic.

Is there something I can do to make my abilities usable?  Do I have to flag them as Math Skill abilities?  Will monsters still be able to use them naturally if that is the case?

I'm embarrassed  :?.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

Cyberblade

July 11, 2008, 03:04:37 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cyberblade
In the Action menu tab make sure that math is set to <default> and that should fix you problem but dont take my word for it (just started Editing last month)

Dormin Jake

July 11, 2008, 03:14:31 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Oh.  My.  

You know, as much as I've been editing in the past couple of weeks, that is the first time I have ever seen the Action Menu tab.  For a second there I thought I must have an old version, but nope, there it is.  

You saved ma life!  Or rather, made my patch function just a bit better.  Don't want to over exaggerate too much.  Regardless, merci.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake