• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:00:18 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFTacText Issues

Started by Kourama, April 09, 2012, 11:05:04 pm

Kourama

Since I saw the new mod to speed up the PSP version of FFT I decided to try making a patch for it, however, I have run into a wall with this.

Everytime I try patching anything for the PSP version I get an error.

"DTE for BOOT.BIN 5 failed.
The ISO has NOT been modified."

I have tried this a number of different ways. Used totally unpatched ISO, tried .fftext file with changes and without changes. Imported it directly from clean ISO and tried patching same ISO with no changes and I still get this error. This is the only problem I have before I get started. If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Eternal

You need to clean out a TON of Kanji (namely the visual novels) and get descriptions for stuff to under 40 length per line in the Boot.bins that are giving you errors. That's the only way I've gotten it to work, sadly.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kourama

Sounds like a ton of work and restrictions. Thanks for the info.

Eternal

I can send you my Tactext file for FFT: KO. It has KO changes, but it's clear of all the mess so you can easily patch with it.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Kourama

That would be awesome. Easier to work with a base then to start from scratch. I really appreciate this.

Eternal

Here ya go. Let me know if there are any issues with it.

Kourama

Thanks! I will download it and take a look at it tomorrow. By the way in your FFTA patch, I think you should keep the laws but following them gives you benefits instead of penalties.

drbretto

Yeah, this program is a pain in the ass to get going in the first place. Another tip is to make sure you never extract the ISO to start with. Use the fftext file always.