• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Shaman

Started by SentinalBlade, May 05, 2009, 04:23:31 pm

SentinalBlade

May 05, 2009, 04:23:31 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
After a long realization after a break from debugging, i realized; While Shaman is my favorite class, it is lacking greatly in the means of actual use on a map with no status enemies(although that is rare)

Keeping nearly all the skills in his current skillset. With the exception of haste(that was never meant to be put in there, and i forgot to remove it), is there soem kind of direction you want to go with this?

I had hopes that i can make a sprite similar to this in looks, but in FFT style of course. the most important part here is the wolf headress.

Goomba

May 05, 2009, 04:42:30 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Goomba
Or you could just add a few dozen new status inflicting abilities to all the skill sets and include an enemy shaman in more storyline and random battles.

SentinalBlade

May 05, 2009, 04:57:29 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
They frequent random battles alot, and are in alot of chp 4 battles. lol, theres only so much status, and every other job has a uniquish way of adding it. Arc Mages + Shamans area deadly combo.

Goomba

May 05, 2009, 05:09:30 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Goomba
Well, maybe they could become the new painbreaker. If all of the classes including the monsters had an attack that has a certain status ailment, it suddenly becomes a major strategy to play a status game. Just like how you'd keep someone in the party with the ability to heal or revive, the shaman would fit the bill as the gotoguy for fixing your dudes up.

You could also maybe remake the chemist into a class that attacks with items that CAUSE ailments, instead of healing them. Kinda like a reverse effect of everything they currently do. Added on to this, maybe status effects wouldn't go away after you die and you could have something here. Especially with Oil. That's the most incredible ailment ever.

No float, no re raise, no regen, no protect, no shell....

Awesome.

SentinalBlade

May 05, 2009, 05:35:37 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Id look into that. As far as i know, razele had trouble making status effects stay on dieing and then stay on rezzing, when he was doing his undead support ability hack...

He is kinda already needed as such. status has minimum of 60% appearing, instead of 25. so your almost always screwed; Chemists need to stay the way they are cause of that and thier pheonix downs. If i could do the status stay on death thing, i might change the chemists to ailments.

Its not that they arent useful, but they arent getting the recognition they deserve. Ive recieved a PM or two regarding their useless-ness, and its also in a few posts around here, so i figured id get a few opinions on it. As of now though, i have 2 shamans in chapter 4 xD