• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:39:10 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

I'm new in here so please help

Started by Kadaj_BR, August 07, 2015, 02:22:50 am

Kadaj_BR

Hi guys and girls reading this,
First of all, English is not my mother tongue so forgive me if I did all grammar errors.
With all that said, let's get the problem:
I played the original FFT in psone when I was younger (10 years or less) and I managed to get the fight Wiegraf (the battle 1vs1), but never spent. Now I'm playing again (already played again with more years and hit the game), but this time the PSP version.
I wanted to do some custom characters as my girlfriend and my niece (I never loved a girl so much) .I have tried but to me, I could not find concrete answers.

So guys, can you explain more detail than I need to do to achieve this.
I can change some sprites ever created, such as arithmetic but some I wanted to do from the start, as Sephiroth ( :mrgreen:)and a reference to Ryu from Breath of Fire series (I've seen a dragon rider in sprites I can use ).
You can say that sprites and characters I can use for this?
I am brazilian,if you want to know.

Nyzer

You need to unpack the WotL ISO so that you can edit the formation menu sprites. IIRC the proper tool for this is CDMage or something along those lines? I'm not at my computer so you may want to search that one on here.
Then you need to replace the selected sprites with the ones you've chosen for your custom characters. The Formation Menu screen only has a limited number of unused Jobs for potential special characters, so you need to choose them with care. FFTEVGRP is what you use for this.
Then you need to repack your ISO.
Then you need to replace the corresponding battle sprites in Shishi's Sprite Editor. Even though you just replaced some unused party slots for the Formation screen, almost every one of the Jobs with a formation slot is actually shown in game - so you need to put the sprites you're replacijg into different Job slots in Shishi's as well. Offhand, there are one each of Celia and Lettie sprites that the game doesn't use - beyond that, you'll just have to whittle down duplicates (like merging Agrias: Guest and Agrias: Join into a single Job slot).
Then you'll have to go into FFTPatcher.
- You need to establish your custom Jobs. Their stats, their skills. There's one single unused Action ability in WotL - if you want more than one unique skill for your custom Jobs, you'll need to remove some of the others. I recommend narrowing down the ten Bio spells to three, or getting rid of the nearly-unused Magicksap, Speedsap, etc.
- You need to put your custom characters into game events to make them join the party. Event 188 is the event at the Akademy that gives you your starting party; that's a good one to choose.
- You need to make sure that every Job you swapped out to make room for your custom characters is properly fixed up. If you sacrificed the duplicate Agrias, you need to make sure that every event she appeared in now uses the same Job so she doesn't spawn with the wrong skillset and appearance.

Finally, you need to use Tactext to properly change the titles and descriptions of your new Jobs, Skillsets, Abilities, etc.

---

You can save yourself some time if you don't want custom Jobs/appearances, however. If you're fine with having two new women, identical to Agrias and with the same Holy Knight Job, you can simply put two Holy Knights in an Event with FFTPatcher and give them the proper names. Or you can make them copies of Meliadoul. Or Alma, or Ovelia (they've both got Formation sprites, right?). Or Valmafra, who has a Formation sprite but never actually joins. (You'd have to put abilities in her Job, though.)

If you're not willing to spend a lot of time looking up how to do all the stuff I described right out of the gate (and it can definitely be daunting), just go with that, for a bit of practice/harmless fun. Check out what you can do with the Patcher and go from there.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kadaj_BR

Thanks man, I appreciate your help.

Kadaj_BR

August 08, 2015, 05:24:59 am #3 Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 06:53:30 am by Kadaj_BR
Can I make sword skills useable with any swords, like katanas?
And can you explain more about the custom characters?

Nyzer

You can't do that on the PSP version, no. What you could do is change the katanas to the Sword classification and see if that works. Or you can remove the Sword requirement entirely from the ability itself.

There's a lot that could be explained about custom characters. I'd really advise just trying to go with existing sprites first using only FFTPatcher work and then to expand from there, learning a little more at a time as you work up to it. These forums have a lot of info to read up on. You should be able to figure it out if you use the search tool and check out the tutorials - but take it slowly, because you can't just jump in with both feet and expect it all to be something you can figure out in a day or so.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown