• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:47:19 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Treasure Books

Started by MagiusRerecros, May 21, 2011, 11:45:39 pm

MagiusRerecros

I thought these were supposed to be properly translated... All I get is stuff like this:
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

Cheetah

Nope, the translation an insertion is still getting done. Well it has hit a bit of a stand still with the disappearance of Melonhead, but we are trying.
Current Projects:

MagiusRerecros

Ah, well that makes sense. I was just very confused and thought that maybe I screwed it up somehow. Wouldn't be the first time... >_>
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

Cheetah

No worries, perhaps the summer will see a new push on this project. There are just some major road blocks.
Current Projects:

Cheetah

One of the main goals of FFT:C was to be base patch for others to use. However, a patched FFT:C is no longer editable by FFTacText consistently.  FFTacText is also unable to edit the sound test well, regardless of whatever else is happening with the text.

So mostly I need someone who is able to take on FFTPatcher once more and focus on these issues.
Current Projects:

SaigoMoogle

How's the translation on these books coming? I'd be willing to help with translation, so long as a Japanese version of screenshots of the books' text could be found.

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area about this, or reviving a post that's too old, but I really love this project and would love to give completing more things in it a shot.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: SaigoMoogle on February 09, 2012, 06:19:44 pm
How's the translation on these books coming? I'd be willing to help with translation, so long as a Japanese version of screenshots of the books' text could be found.

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area about this, or reviving a post that's too old, but I really love this project and would love to give completing more things in it a shot.

You should be able to find the text for these books directly in FFTacText, in the file SNPLMES.BIN on a Vanilla or Complete-Patched ISO.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: Cheetah on May 26, 2011, 11:27:39 amOne of the main goals of FFT:C was to be base patch for others to use. However, a patched FFT:C is no longer editable by FFTacText consistently.  FFTacText is also unable to edit the sound test well, regardless of whatever else is happening with the text.

Does Glain know about this?

SaigoMoogle

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on February 09, 2012, 06:35:07 pm
You should be able to find the text for these books directly in FFTacText, in the file SNPLMES.BIN on a Vanilla or Complete-Patched ISO.

Would the Japanese text for these books be in the Vanilla FFT English ISO without being garbled like the OP's screenshot, though? If I don't have the ability to access the original Japanese text somehow (ie. transcribed in a plain JP text file, screenshots, JP text dumps), I can't translate anything.

I hope I won't need a JP ISO... because I only own FFT English. :/

Pickle Girl Fanboy

There's a patch around here somewhere that converts English to Japanese, made by someone who owned both.

Xifanie

There's no such thing because it isn't necessary. The JP text of the books was left untouched.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful