• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:35:05 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Disassembled PSX EXE

Started by Xifanie, October 20, 2007, 07:20:23 pm

Xifanie

October 20, 2007, 07:20:23 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I've had a tool that allowed me to disassemble PSX EXEs for probably mroe than a year...

It was with a bunch of PSX softwares. Well basically all you need (except knowledge) to create a PSX game.

So, huh... I'll study the disassembled file. Stay tuned. :wink:
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Oblivion_of_Pain

October 21, 2007, 12:56:57 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Oblivion_of_Pain
Is the disasembler a big file ? And if so, what's the name of it? There maybe a copy floating around the net.

killer_bard

October 21, 2007, 01:23:12 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by killer_bard
I just want to say the very existence of this site gets me higher than a new girlfriend.

Xifanie

October 21, 2007, 06:31:47 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
C:\Windows\system32\disasm.exe
Playstation(R3000)-DISASSEMBLER V 0.8;(c) by Ole Krause-Sparmann
Usage : disasm <h/d> <psx-exe> <filename for output>
  <h/d> : Print values hexadecimal or decimal

I don't have any other information.

It only disassembles the PSX EXE. I can give you it as it came with many other files and I couldn't google it again...

It's 30kb and relatively fast.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Xifanie

October 21, 2007, 07:50:57 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Bwahahaah this is exciting. Finally some R3000 assembly experience.

I'm still learning but theorically I should have no problem locating instructions that are affected by all the tables I saved in my excel files. Or even changing pointers for that matter... but I doubt I can locate all of them so easily. :S

If anyone doesn't understand a word of what I'm saying you can ask. ;o
I'm aware not everyone here is romhacking/coding.