• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:03:01 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Axes

Started by Argg0, October 08, 2007, 02:21:58 am

Xifanie

October 09, 2007, 05:07:05 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Nah. That's within the gun's formula.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Asmo X

October 09, 2007, 10:05:18 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
You wanted to change all the axes right? One could have Chicken and one could have Shellbust stab.

Also, if Shellbust Stab triggers and the quote comes up, whose profile will it be?

VincentCraven

October 09, 2007, 10:45:47 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
I believe we already have Power Break on Battle Axe and Pitfall on Giant Axe.

The quote shouldn't come up because it is an effect of the attack command. Have you ever seen any magic gun wielder give a quote before or during their gunshot? I haven't. And mages who beat enemies with their rods never give quotes to precede the magic that comes out. The ability name doesn't even come up, so there is no window for a quote anyway.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Asmo X

October 10, 2007, 09:04:05 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Quote from: "VincentCraven"I believe we already have Power Break on Battle Axe and Pitfall on Giant Axe.

The quote shouldn't come up because it is an effect of the attack command. Have you ever seen any magic gun wielder give a quote before or during their gunshot? I haven't. And mages who beat enemies with their rods never give quotes to precede the magic that comes out. The ability name doesn't even come up, so there is no window for a quote anyway.

Touche

Is there any desire to even out the categories of weapons at all? Maybe toss in a few more axes via weapons from other classes that don't really serve any purpose.

killer_bard

October 15, 2007, 12:21:12 am #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by killer_bard
The idea I always had about axes:

speed penalty maybe, if possible, maybe slow.  The hardest hitting melee weapon.  Knight Sword formula, Maybe WP*PA.   Maces?  Bow formula....by different enemy levels add slow, don't act, stop, sleep.

just me.