• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:33:14 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Special Snowflakes v1.02

Started by Xifanie, January 22, 2017, 11:27:28 pm

Xifanie

January 22, 2017, 11:27:28 pm Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 04:12:03 am by Xifanie
[glow=cyan,4,600]  Special Snowflakes  [/glow]

Make any ENTD Unit have special properties, and set those properties to as many units as you want!

This spreadsheet uses my hack template spreadsheet, which you may have to make yourself familiar with before you can use it

List of Properties:
  • Red, Green and Blue colouration
  • Transparency ON/OFF/Default (Sunken State Transparency's visual effect)
  • Stretch (Display size of the sprite; ex: create huge chocobos and tiny goblins!)
  • HP, MP, SP, PA, MA and C-Ev. % (From 0% to 25500%, supports decimals)
  • +/- Move & Jump (-128 to +127)
  • Innate, Starting Statuses and Status Immunity
  • Innate Reaction/Support/Movement Abilities
  • Enable Absorb/Cancel/Half/Weak/Strengthen Elemental Properties
  • Disable Absorb/Cancel/Half/Weak Elemental Properties (ex: make a goblin lose its weakness to ice)

Randomization:
[indent=2]
You can randomize between different sets of Snowflakes allowing you to generate a unit that, for example, will be either Swift (+10% speed, initial Haste), Brutal (+20% HP, +15% PA, -10% MA), Wise (+10% MP, +15% MA, -10% PA) or Polyvalent (+5% Speed, +5%PA, +5%MA).
[/indent]

NOTE:
[indent=2]All properties are applied BEFORE items and abilities, and thus, -127 Move on a unit with 7 Move (3 from its job, 1 from Germinas Boots, 3 from Move+3)  will drop that unit's Movement to 4; i.e. it only affects the job's stats.[/indent]
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Angel

All bias aside, this is one of the coolest things I've seen done in FFT. Synth shop remains mind-blowing and a hugely awesome mod, but this allows for genuinely awesome superbosses well beyond the original scope of the game, easily into NIS territory. Extreme difficulty possibilities aside, this is both incredibly interesting and really freaking cool. The Trickster mark from FFXII can easily be a thing, here, and that's just thinking small.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Emmy

I'm not 100% sure how to use it yet but this looks amazing! :)  Thank you! :)

Any chance you can run through an example of what to do?

Xifanie

And what are you asking about exactly?
Have you made yourself familiar with my hack template spreadsheet?
- If not, and you tried to, that would really be a question for my other topic and this one as I have MANY hacks using this template spreadsheet.
- If so, are you just asking how you need to fill the Data for an ID, type that ID in an ENTD and Save to XML/Savestate/Image?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Dokurider

With this, I'm soon to be poised to release my very own lol patch with the most bossest of slapped together ASM and imported anime characters.

Jumza

Well, I tested it out and I got some super weird stuff to happen, so that was pretty cool!

I'm still a little confused as to what goes in the ENTD tab (I feel like I'm missing something that should be pretty obvious), is ??? supposed to be the ID of my snowflake? (if that's the technical term :P) The two boxes after that, FFTPatcher only goes up to FF in those areas so you can't quite type in 169 or 16B, but different combinations in those areas gave me some interesting results :P

Sorry if I'm just missing something obvious. It has been a while for me since I last used one of your amazing spreadsheet hacks.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Xifanie

No, the picture is just to help you choose which Unknown ENTD field you want to use. By default it is set to 169, and as you can see in FFTPatcher, that is the bottom-left field in the Unknown box. In THAT field, you want to type the ID of the Snowflake as you can see in the Snowflake spreadsheet, right next to the Description column.

Note: I'm allowing you to choose because it's possible 169 is actually used for something; I haven't really bothered testing that honestly... but I think it's unlikely.

Jumza

Makes perfect sense! Got it to work too,

For anyone interested about how the sizing looks, that's some regular goblins next to some small green goblins (10/16 size, +75 green) with some larger goblins on the right (24/16, which might be a bit much :P)

Also the graphics that display with the unit (such as EXP gain or damage) also scale with the size, so with tiny monsters, expect tiny numbers :P
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Emmy

So it worked... (almost)

I made one snowflake that makes units huge, and another one that sets initial petrify.  Obviously the one that's huge worked.  But the other 2 bombs were supposed to be initial petrify.  They don't have immortal flag/innate immunity/anything that would prevent this.  Not sure what is wrong. :(

Xifanie

It's funny that Jumza got it to work, because I can't at all right now... I'm getting all my stats and sprites corrupted for Snowflake 00. :/

The initial petrify did work for me, but it's possible that whatever is causing that bug for me is causing that bug for you? ¯\(°_o)/¯ Actually... probably not.

Either way, going to investigate.

EDIT: On Line 124 on the Code sheet, replace bgez with bgtz (you just have to unhide the sheet).

Alternatively, just download the new version and copy/paste into it.

Emmy

Thank you for looking into the issue.  New version still doesn't work on my end :(

Xifanie

Could you share your spreadsheet for me to investigate?

Emmy

I attached the saved spreadsheet, along with the xml it produced. :)

Xifanie

First I tried the xml, restarted the game, and it worked perfectly... the unit I set to "1" was petrified.
Then I saved to FFT Image + Savestate, and same result.

This is obviously not the settings you used for your test above; did you really test this hack/spreadsheet you gave me just now? If so, the only thing I could think of that is different is that we are testing different battles, but I don't see how that would affect my hack so strangely.

Emmy

So, I tried repatching everything, and tried it on 2 different emulators.  No petrify. :'(  Attached to this is a patch and save file where I tested it.  It is in "test1" (4th proposition).  The entd slot of test1 is 0x150.

Is there a possibility that it conflicts with another hack that I use, but it wouldn't show up in Fftorgasm's "conflict checker" or "view free space" files?  If so I could also give you the other asm.

Xifanie

Maybe you'd care to try and see if you can reproduce the bug on a clean ISO?

Emmy

Yay! Success! :)  Works in both epsxe and psx. :)

I figured out what the issue was.  The event this was in still had some remnants of me attempting to use the event upgrade to initially petrify units, which prevented this from working.  Once that was disabled, the hack worked. :)

Thank you for this. :) 

Xifanie

Well, glad you got that working! I can see why improperly using my other hack would cause this to happen.

By the way, you can easily make them look like statues before the battle with ColorUnit() (greyscale option) and UnitAnim() x0002.

Squaresoft

Must mention the modifiers doesn't persist after battle if you recruit the Special unit.
I expected the Immunities/Appearance/Abilities not to persist, but wasn't expecting the stats (HP/PA) too.

Better like this :)

Outstanding work, you are the best! Xif!,