• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

reinoe

Quote from: Malroth on October 26, 2013, 03:33:23 am
made a video to test out how to use Camtastia

Truelight (Tournament Championship team) Vs Malroth (Bullseye 2.0)

Congratulations on taking the plunge!  It was a A nice video visually.  It had a crisp look and no early video jitters (youtube's infamous wigglevision).  The video moved too quickly.  While I knew what was going on the whole time, I couldn't really enjoy the video to the fullest extent.  I'm sure that that would be an issue for newer members.  If you could lower the speed by about 20-30%, I think it would be much better.

It was interesting to see the loading screen in between matches.  I don't really have a problem with it because every uploader has their own style.

Wow, such is the importance of matchups!!!

Unfortunately because the match was so fast I will have to watch it a couple more times to see any key moments that swung the match.
My dreams can come true!

Barren

Malroth, what emulator are you using for this and what is your fps?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Malroth

I'm Using Psx as the emulator and i have no clue on my FPS,  Its either massively overspeed when i'm holding down its speedup key,  or 1/3 normal speed when i'm not pressing it.

Barren

Quote from: Malroth on October 26, 2013, 02:08:22 pm
I'm Using Psx as the emulator and i have no clue on my FPS,  Its either massively overspeed when i'm holding down its speedup key,  or 1/3 normal speed when i'm not pressing it.

I use ePSXe 1.6. Try using that and you'll probably be able to run it better

reinoe

October 26, 2013, 09:08:21 pm #2426 Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 09:24:13 pm by reinoe
Quote from: Dokurider on October 26, 2013, 04:48:28 pm
[FFT Arena 138d]Season 2 Post Tournament Challenges: Reinoe vs Avalanche

Well that was an epic rematch!  I never would have thought I could take down Avalanche.  No really, I was completely an perfectly resigned to never beating Avalanche precisely for the reasons outlined in the video.  I appreciate the match.  Which is why it's the perfect segue to something else...

Egh, Doku, I was actually interested in seeing a "what if" scenario of having my SYTYCD team fight Avalanche.

My dreams can come true!

Reks

Greetings, from Singapore.

*proceeds to slam face on a table*
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Malroth

okay i think i know what i'm going to try next,
recording on PSX's super slow speed then upping the speed in the video editing then adding the music

Sothern Crossing vs Garrrr

Auto potion deals damage to undead instead of healing them,  I counted 8 occasions in that matchup where you were killed as a direct result of your own reaction ability. Speed save and Projectile guard are good reactions you had avalible In class that wouldn't have caused Chemist Suicide,  HP restore and Regenerator also can serve to heal the Undead

Tournament Champions vs Bullseye

the two reasons i won so handily is 1 because Haste2/Slow2 let me massively out turn him as his heavy hitter was on permanent masamune duty and 2  his healer was wearing a white robe so she was a Don't act magnet instead of a damage magnet,   That way instead of simply dying to gunfire and getting revived 1 tick later via phoenix down she instead was out of the action for 4-5 turns while she ran for cover

Fenire

Oops I forgot to take it off when I made him undead. I'll be switching that right away.
So exciting to see my team in action.

Barren

Quote from: Fenire on October 27, 2013, 03:12:13 am
Oops I forgot to take it off when I made him undead. I'll be switching that right away.
So exciting to see my team in action.

I already recorded a match with your team that had the original setup so I hope you don't mind

Reks

*glances up from the table*

Lovely, not even a 'Hi'. -ends current negativity-

Can someone record a match using SWA? I don't mind who the opponent is. I just need inspiration to get back into Arena, to get out of this depressed funk i'm stuck in.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Barren

I can do one for you after I get out of work today

Barren

Malroth, your video is set to private. is there a way you can make it public?

Malroth

Thanks I'm still getting used to this whole "Youtube" thing

Barren

Fenire

October 28, 2013, 08:58:57 am #2438 Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:22:46 am by Fenire
Thanks for the video. Auto potion for the win! The paladin worked exactly as planned, but the chemists... when they weren't killing themselves they did as intended. As for the samurai; I was hoping for more heals off the paladin. 
I have fixed that "little" problem.
I also fixed distribute, changed up the paladin's move repertoire, and reworked one of the chemists.

Gaignun

Quote from: Reks on October 26, 2013, 09:53:18 pm
Greetings, from Singapore.

*proceeds to slam face on a table*

You sound like you do not want to be in Singapore.  Did something happen?