• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

CCP - Battle Logs

Started by Wiz, June 24, 2011, 02:50:07 pm

Celdia

Updated the available version in the other thread if anyone wants to poke around at it. Should be playable up through Poeskas Lake now. Alchemist got a strange sort of overhaul. I wouldn't mind some feedback about that one.

@Argy: Related to ^...  That thing about assigning a job class via items? Might not be quite what you were thinking about, but give the Bag of Holding a look.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Argy

Hi Celdia,

I actually worked it out and gave items skillsets without breaking the game. I had leather armour that had access to the BM skillset (in the extra slot spot) and if they learnt an ability it stayed with them and a few other things. Shame pokey isn't around because his program has so much scope.
I love your dragon boots!! Most definitely will take a look at the bag of holding.
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Argy

Hello,

Are we any closer to another LP Reks? I need my CCP fix!!

Cheers Argy
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Reks

Part 18: Dragoons are annoying

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Argy

Happy Days!! Can't wait to see this!! Cheers Reks
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Reks

Part 19: Dragons and Hydro Pumps Storms

You sure this isn't Pokemon instead?

Celdia

Yeah, looks like I left some testing stuff set up in there. I posted a new version in the other thread OP with what should hopefully be a fixed Finath. Also tuned Vanquisher a bit.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Reks

Part 20: Betcha can't say "Balk balked by the Bed Desert" ten times fast

Reks

Part 21: And My Axe!

Part 22: Bustin' Makes Me Feel Good

Reks

Argy

Hello, 

Cheers Argy
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Reks

Quote from: Argy on January 16, 2016, 12:19:11 pm
Hello,

Cheers Argy

Celdie made the Zalera fight better, but I've been horribly burned out on single-player games.

I'll try and get to it sometime, but it's like forcing myself to do a chore that I don't actually have to do.

Argy

Quote from: Reks on January 16, 2016, 09:40:40 pm
Celdie made the Zalera fight better, but I've been horribly burned out on single-player games.

I'll try and get to it sometime, but it's like forcing myself to do a chore that I don't actually have to do.

No rush. I fully understand. When you rediscover that passion, I hope you think of CCP.
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Reks

Burnout is largely gone. I'd planned to do the next video this evening (for me), but since I was sick and my voice was shot, that kinda wrecked my plan. So It'll be done when I get off of work tomorrow,

Reks

Quote from: Reks on January 30, 2016, 11:56:28 am
Burnout is largely gone. I'd planned to do the next video this evening (for me), but since I was sick and my voice was shot, that kinda wrecked my plan. So It'll be done when I get off of work tomorrow,

And since I'm still sick, it's ruined my plan two days in a row.

Bluh I hate allergies.

I don't wanna keep making promises but I will get on this the instant I do not feel like garbage.

Argy

Reks, I hope you feel better. Take your time, I have waited this long, a couple of days or whatever, won't make much odds. I am just lucky you are doing a LP or this great mod!! Looking forward to hearing your scintillating commentary!!
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

alkarl

Reks has been doing God's work here but it looks like somebody has to take up the mantle and be the Batman.

First Impressions

I'm treating this as a whole new patch since it has been a long time since I played the original, or any FFT lately(sorry Elric, only had enough motivation to get around level 50 in Jot5!). Honestly watching that l i t t l e m o n e y fly right by makes everything that much more enjoyable, basically adding skippable cutscenes. Also either I am extremely rusty or the difficulty is slightly more noticeable. It is also possible I just haven't adapted to this patch yet after playing so many different ones.

Also I am only currently at Thieve's Den with a bunch of level 3s, but I already remembered why I loved CCP when I got looking at the items. I almost always forget to really look at items aside from quick stats so early in the game but seeing Gilgame Heart and Move Jp Up proc out of nowhere just feelsgoodman.

I'll be back to type up a battle log soon, I started playing a few days ago and just picking it up for the second time right about now so gotta get it while it's fresh. The battles have been smooth and fun up til now though, controlling guests is a blessing.

Reks

I have good news and bad news.

Good news! I'm playing again and fully intend to record.

Bad news! I flopped on which memory card had my latest save and need to catch up again from the start of Chapter 4~ ish. Doguola, I think.

No need to worry, it just means you won't get a video right away just yet.

alkarl

That's great news! Classic mistake with the memory cards, I know that has happened to me multiple times.

Anyhows as far as my battles go..

Thieves Fort
First try, I move to rally my boys and immediately someone dropped a mortar on me, pretty much decimating my team. I went outside for a little bit and reset.

Second try! Much better this time, I eat all the mp out of the mages and start killing the rest ignoring Miluda for the most part. The one mage with alchemy though ran away and came back just in time to start some chain reviving that ultimately put me in checkmate.

Round three! Immediately kill the mage with alchemy. Proceed to mop up the rest. At this point I did a random battle to actually get another skill on my 2 Red mages(Palom, Porom), my Ramza Demagogue, and a Hawknight (Zidane).

The battle was all around pretty challenging but I think I can attribute the second failure to me not checking out all the AI's skillsets. That mortar shook me up.

Lenalia Plateau

So I run into battle, get force armor casting away on Delita and I decide to check out what I can do with Zealotry. Turns out I clicked it twice cause I was speeding right through and cast it on 4 of us. Luckily in two casts it only actually hit Delita and Ramza, who proceeded to die immediately and one shot a knight respectively.

At that point I decided my only chance was to go after Miluda without having to spend thousands of gil on new phoenix downs. With Aim and Chill/Blast, I downed her in about 2 more turns. All in all an easy fight even though I spooked myself real quick.

Fovoham Plains...will have to be  the start of the next post, as I have received a call. Enjoy!

Reks