• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 08:46:21 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Job] Magus

Started by Kokojo, December 05, 2009, 12:58:02 pm

Kokojo

December 05, 2009, 12:58:02 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
All comments/Suggestions are welcome.

Male :

Female :

Magus
Magus are representation of magic itself, flowing with power. Their magical sheild protects them from death since their bodies are frail.

Innate : Mp swicth
Healed ? : Yes

HP : Low
MP : Very High
Speed : Low
Move : 3
Jump : 2
C-ev : 0

Stats level 1 (Approx) : HP/MP/PA/MA/SP

6/15/1/3/10

Stats level 10 (Approx):

11/30/1/5/11

Equips :
Rods, Staff, Poles
-----
Cloths, Robes
Hats
Shoes/Ring/Armlet/Cloak/

Skillset:

Open to Suggestions*

Transfer :

Description: Creates mana from the Magus, and send it to the target. Can't target himself.
Quote : ''TBM''
Range: 3
Effect Area: 0
Vertical: 1
Inflit Status: -
CT: 0
Mp cost: 2
Formula: HealMP_(MA*Y)

Spell absorb :

Description: Absorbs a great quantity of mana from a target.
Vertical: 2
CT: 5
Mp cost: 2
Formula: AbsMP_(Y)% Hit_F(MA+X)%

Time Sap :

Description: Attemps to magically bind the target.
Vertical: 0
Inflit Status: Stop (25%)
Mp cost: 5
Formula: Dmg_[Weapon]

Magic Rift :

Description: Opens a magical rift trought witch the Magus' weapon can pass and strike from afar.
Range: 6
Vertical: 9
CT: 1
Mp cost: 6
Formula: Dmg_[Weapon]

Infuse :

Description: Infuse target with a great load of magic power.
Inflit Status: Faith
Mp cost: 4
Formula: Hit_(MA+X)%

Deplete :

Description: Attemps to deplete the target of all his magical force
Inflit Status: Innocent
CT: 2
Mp cost: 5
Formula: Hit_(MA+X)%

Consume** :

Description: Get rid of all magical energy, killing himself in the process, and giving it to surrounding victims.
Range: 0
Effect Area: 2
Vertical: 3
Inflit Status: Faith
Mp cost: 20 (!)
Formula: Dmg_(CasMaxHP-CasCurHP) 100% add status CasterInAoE : Dmgself_(CasCurHP) NS

**Still working on the balance. I would like ''Only usable when in Critical'' but I can't seem to find out how to do that.

Ultima :

Description: Summons an ultimate magic made out of all the elements.
Effect Area: 3
Vertical: 3
CT: 8 (That's effing long)
Mp cost: 22 (That's effing alot)
Formula: Dmg_F(MA*Y)
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Kagebunji

December 05, 2009, 01:27:03 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
Well, if you liked my Incarnate try, then here you go, another frame. I can work on it if you want.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kagebunji

December 05, 2009, 04:26:43 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
Small update, with changes you wanted:

mav

December 05, 2009, 09:54:23 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
For some reason the robe looks flat and it's kinda unexciting.

The Consume** technique sounds pretty neat too. Can't wait to see these classes in action.

Kagebunji

December 06, 2009, 06:18:02 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
Probably because I changed his strange thing into belt, also I deleted symbols, that's why it looks flat.

SilvasRuin

December 06, 2009, 10:47:15 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
"Creates mana from the Incarnate, and send it to the target. Can't target himself."

I suggest this instead:
"Summons forth mana from the Aether to grant to allies."

I'm aware Aether is not a FF concept, but it does fit, particularly because it can should easily heal more mp than it costs with that setup.  The mana has got to come from somewhere.  Alternatively, you could use mist or Mist instead as that is a FF concept and is used in some of the other Ivalice games.

"Opens a magical rift trought witch the Incarnate weapon can pass and strike from afar. "
Corrected spelling and grammar:
"Opens a magical rift through which the Incarnate's weapon can pass and strike from afar. "

"Get rid of all magical energy, killing himself in the process, and giving it to surrounding victims. "

I'm guessing since you use the word "victims" that it is supposed to be harmful and "giving" is just poor word choice.
Suggested:
"Ignite one's own mana to trigger a violent blast of magical energy in one final attack."
Perhaps All or Nothing Cancel Critical could work...?

"Incarnates are representation of magic itself, flowing with power. Their magical sheild protects them from death since their bodies are frail."

Suggested:
"Incarnates are representation of magic itself, flowing with power. Their magical shields help protect their frail bodies."

Kokojo

December 10, 2009, 03:33:51 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Thank you Silvas, those changes will be made soon in the game and here. ^^

I appreciate.

Wasabi

December 10, 2009, 09:19:48 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Wasabi
Consume can't be applicable with a "only usable when Critical only" since that's applying another status. And it won't work with the self-destruct formula, since the status isn't self-targeting but targeting other units. Hopefully there's little to no damage with this ability, since you can't apply a healing element to this formula (it's Dmg_(CasMaxHP-CasCurHP)).

Asmo X

December 17, 2009, 09:43:50 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
What is it an incarnate of?

Kokojo

December 17, 2009, 01:57:52 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Magic.

Asmo X

December 17, 2009, 10:42:54 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Kokojo, I do not believe the word "Incarnate" on its own is a noun other than if you were saying "something-incarnate" (e.g Devil-incarnate).

SilvasRuin

December 18, 2009, 07:08:37 am #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Asmo is right, but I can't come up with anything that quite captures the meaning I think you wish for the name to have or I would suggest it.

Kagebunji

I have new version of Incarnate with me, but I will post it in Saturday(or Friday if I'm lucky), how about a portrait? His head colors and design are left unchanged, so please base the port of the latest version posted here.

mav

Incarnation may work, but sounds a little lame...If you show me the new sprite, I might be able to provide a portrait. I still need to work out Gospel's portrait though, so I don't know when I'd get to it.

Kagebunji

Well, you can base the portrait on the latest version I posted here, head and neck remained unchanged.

As for the sprite itself, this may take a while, but hey, I have now 2 weeks free from school, so there will be plenty of time to sprite during night :)

mav

Alright, I'll get to the portrait sometime today.

Kagebunji

Kokojo

Name changed to ''Magus'' since ''Incarnate'' name did not fit.

mav

As promised, the portrait (it's a rough WIP, that needs some decent feedback). I just took the portrait equivalent to the pieces Kage used to assemble the sprite, but the results are...quirky.

SilvasRuin

Magus is bland.  i'm trying to think of what better fits the "state of being" theme you seemed to be going for.  There isn't a word I can find in the English language that means "an entity of magic" specifically...  Entite or however it is spelled was the name for the higher tier elementals in Final Fantasy XII, so that MIGHT work...  What I feel is the best and doesn't suggest an elemental alignment though is Transcendent.