• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:45:29 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

New Game+ and early Deep Dungeon (?)

Started by yankeeweb, May 01, 2018, 02:47:14 pm

yankeeweb

Hello! I was wondering if it is possible to have a new game after the credits, I managed to resume the story from the scene of Ovelia praying, but all the characters that I had in the end remain in my team. In Gariland stores are reset and the story goes its usual course as it should be. Keeping everything as finished ... levels, skills, jobs.
Is there a way to reset the character level and erase the other characters?

On the other hand I was wondering if it is possible to have access to the deep dungeon the first time we arrive at the port. Could it be achieved?

I do not understand a lot of conditionals, but I think that's the way.

One last thing is how to correct the fact that quotes of spells do not disappear automatically, I use the fix but after editing some quotes, the fix stopped working.

Thanks for any kind of help and greetings from Argentina.

I use the Google translator :oops:

Nyzer

To some extent.

I'm pretty sure it's possible to undo map routes and loop the chain of story events back to the beginning. However, you would lose a ton of character progression if you were to try to remove all the party members, since IIRC there's no built in way to store all their data when they're not in the party.

It might be possible to set things up so that the various special characters don't rejoin the party if they're already in the party from a previous time loop, but you'd probably have to remove the Guest character feature and set things up so that battles that feature them automatically field them from your party if they're already in your party. This seems like a design that I'm fairly confident would be possible, but would require a lot of dedicated work.

... It would probably be a lot easier to just make extra post-game chapters or add a lot more content to the previous chapters to make the game itself longer.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown