• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 12:18:42 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

TableTop Demo

Started by Rufio, September 17, 2014, 10:16:08 am

Rufio

September 17, 2014, 10:16:08 am Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 07:03:13 am by Rufio
VERSION 0.25 IS HERE!

Lots of big fixes in this one. Still have minor tactext edits to make, but the important descriptions are done.  Your previous save files will still work, as no important variables have been changed.

Update Summary:
- Fixed a bunch of encounters, making them more interesting.
- Fixed many events, mostly cosmetic.
- Fixed broken skillsets (elemental and inspire being the brokenest)
- Finished move-find items
- Fixed Goblins Skills
- Fixed propositions that were linking to the wrong event.
- Fixed armor's descriptions.
- Adjusted game balance, shortening encounters.
- Heavy adjustments to proposition "Greenclaw Cultists"
- Issues with game freezing seem to have fixed themselves.
- Created a few new enemy jobs and bosses.
- Adjusted a couple Tier 2 jobs.
- Finished random battles and included rare mini-bosses.

As always, feedback and bug reports are GREATLY appreciated.

BUG REPORT:: v0.25
- terrain help is incorrect
- Sev is able to be selected as a character for the proposition "Dragon!".  I fixed this but if you select him you will have 2 Sev's running around.
- Job descriptions for Druids and Seekers are incorrect.  Druids have innate 'Monster Skill' and Seekers have innate 'Train'.
END BUG REPORT::

Things I know I need to fix but are on the backburner:
Ability effects and animations
  -  if you notice any that make no sense, let me know

Things I am working on:
making events prettier
making more events
fixing mistakes I made in events
making better encounters
balance issues

I will continue to try to deliver frequent progress reports in this post and will attempt to release an update every week or so.  There should never be a need to restart your save after an update.

Progress Reports:

9/30/2014
Released version 0.25
- Fixed a bunch of encounters, making them more interesting.
- Fixed many events, mostly cosmetic.
- Fixed broken skillsets (elemental and inspire being the brokenest)
9/25/2014
- Adjusted game balance, shortening encounters.
- Heavy adjustments to proposition "Greenclaw Cultists"
- Issues with game freezing seem to have fixed themselves.
- Created a few new enemy jobs.
- Adjusted a couple Tier 2 jobs.
- Started eventing part 2 of CH1 (not in demo)
9/24/2014
- Fixed propositions that were linking to the wrong event.
- Created world map locations and paths for part 2 of CH.1 (not in demo)
- Fixed armor's descriptions.
- Fixed Goblins abilities.
- Finished every available move-find item.
9/23/2014
Released verson 0.20
- Fixed damage to correctly use brave and faith
- Fixed many encounters that were either boring or impossible.
- Cosmetic fixes to many events (camera issues and such)
- Ability, Item, Job, and Skillset Descriptions complete (no more guessing what does what)
- Intro scene (Arazlam's speech) remade.  There are a few out of place pixels, but theres some asshole named Tim holding my images hostage.
9/22/2014
- Sprite Types fixed
- Formation Images of main characters fixed
- Ability and Item Descriptions complete (ugh tactext)
- Intro text completed (wow, what a headache)
- Minor event fixes

9/21/2014:
- Fixed Elements on physical abilities
- Fixed camera issues in a few events
- Finished the random battles ENTDs available
- Adjusted the boss fights.
- 50% done ability descriptions (ugh, tactext)
- attempted (and failed) changing intro text.

9/20/2014 :
- Fixed Issue with Magic Damage predictions
- Finished Inverted Fury/Faith routines
- Finished Job and Skillset Descriptions (ugh, tactext)
- Adjusted certain abilities

TableTop Adventures Demo is out.
Try it out and let me know how to make it better.

Elric

Congratz on moving to progressing patches, and putting demo out so quickly. This generally only happens with
vanilla mods, so much kudos. I will be checking this out :D
  • Modding version: PSX

Rufio

Thanks Elric.  I wouldn't have thought half of the stuff I have done would have been possible when I started this project.  I still have a long way to go and a lot to learn, but I'm pretty pleased with what I have been able to accomplish so far.

Vaan

(i was going to post the video, but you cant see it since you live in china, so here's the image)
"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

skiploom188

Aha! Downloading now...

Lets play.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Jumza

Although I haven't played this most updated version, when I did play it before I had a great deal of fun :) I hope you continue developing it!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Rufio

Thanks Jumza.  there's probably over twice as much to do in this version and the choices  during events have been made way more awesomer.

Vaan

Well, here it goes. I found some issues. Note: i'm not sure if it only happens on my emulator. And i might say somestuffs that you already know, but irather say everything that end up forgetting something because i am eliminating stuff from my list.

Progress made: Restarted 3 times (computer that keeps turning off before i save), saved befre undead battle, lost, need to continue.

intro dialog in the black screen writes over itself, causing it to be confusing to read. http://i.imgur.com/7BKVgD4.png
Most skills have the same description, the only way to actually finding out what they do is doing it.
Abilities (like Primal, Martial etc.) descriptions show vanilla's descriptions (like Monk's and Knight's, respectively)
Not sure if intentional or not but all debuffs (and by that i mean the debuffs if an attack that inflicts it didnt miss) do not miss unless guarded/missed or if already inflicted and some abilities too.
Conduct Ritual and Lance of Faith always deal more damage than the ammount they said they would in the prologue fight. Ritual seems to always deal 90 and when crits, 110. Lance of faith however is not a fix ammount, something between 36, 44 and 66.
The palette in the Warlord enemy in the battle that you recruit Sev is messed up, but i got Yuriel to poison him and then it was normal somehow. http://i.imgur.com/TPBTEP9.png
When moving through the world map, it would go blinking, between the map and a black screen, and if i stopped moving it would just be the black screen, but it would come back if i went to where the accessible areas were again. http://i.imgur.com/VB2bxHW.png
Re-watching scenes in Brave story causes the letters that say "one month earlier" to be in a weird glitchy box, and there is no sprites in the scene, but there is dialong although everyone retains Ramza's portrait and it sticks to the right bottom corner and if changes scenes then it makes the dialogs to stick to left upper corner http://i.imgur.com/ZRyreaM.png
The person info is empty and it was possible to go down forever even without people to scroll through, but it got fixed once i acessed the Tutorial option and got info on Daravon.
When going in abilites to learn, sometimes some job skills would be ghosted in other jobs, not selectable to learn but visible
Not sure if intentional but the skills in the prologue battle change if restarting, funningly only replaces/adds/removes skills in the main Job skills, sometimes i didnt have any main job skills, the secondary is always the same skillset though.

Not a glitch, just a regular complain, i lost on the undead battle before the 1st mission, even though Ramza and Yuriel had undead, since they couldnt get a countdown they didnt revive. That pissed me off, and i nkow you didnt want them to die since they re main chars and all, and they re part of history and stuff, but that really pissed me off.

Perhaps there is more to come, since im in the beggining of the game, but i felt like that this ammount of stuff was substantially enough to be already pointed out.

"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

Rufio

thank you Vaan.  I'll look into the intro, i thought I had fixed that before release.

The skills having the same description is because I really hate writing in Tactext and am constantly putting it off.

most abilities apply status at 100% on purpose.

the constant damage of of abilities (not just magic) and the wrong display numbers is the biggest balance issue I am currently working on.

the warlord in pt.2 of the intro fight has start: regen.

Im not sure whats going on with your world map, but if you are only at the pub scene you shouldn't be able to move anywhere yet anyways.

I havent even thought about working in brave story event replays or tactext display, those are very low priority at the moment.  Same with person info.

Im not sure what is going on with the skillset ability ghosting, I have never encountered that.

Also yes, if any of the 5 main characters turn to crystal, it's game over.

Thanks for the detailed report Vaan.

Like I said, I still have a lot of tactext work to do, the important ones being ability and Item descriptions.  It is a LOT of work due to the fact that every ability (other than a few monster abilities) and every item has been changed.

Vaan

http://i.imgur.com/7tVbwsc.png http://i.imgur.com/1raQwzl.png

The ghosting i was referring to, they re not learnable or selectable if they re ghosted but they appear and confuse me up.

Also i dont think the Warlord had regen, he never got any hp back before i poisoned him. but does regen affect portraits like that?

Also they didnt become crystals, that is the thing. The undead units couldnt return to life since there was no countdown to become a crystal, or to revive for that matter.
   ~ Vaan

Jumza

Quote from: Vaan on September 18, 2014, 08:14:18 pm
Well, here it goes. I found some issues. Note: i'm not sure if it only happens on my emulator.

intro dialog in the black screen writes over itself, causing it to be confusing to read. http://i.imgur.com/7BKVgD4.png

When moving through the world map, it would go blinking, between the map and a black screen, and if i stopped moving it would just be the black screen, but it would come back if i went to where the accessible areas were again. http://i.imgur.com/VB2bxHW.png

When going in abilites to learn, sometimes some job skills would be ghosted in other jobs, not selectable to learn but visible

As you may have guessed, Vaan, these are (or at least in my experience usually are) emulator issues. Something to do with your graphics setting I believe.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Angel

It has to do with using the second worst emulator in existence, ePSXe. The worst being ZSNES, of course. Use any other emulator (pSX, pcsx-r, etc) and those problems will be no more.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

skiploom188

Speaking of ePSXe, I was forced to play this patch on ePSXe because when I tried it with psxfin, it first lagged like hell until the crash dump dialog box appeared. Am I missing an emulator setting on my psxfin? Or is psxfin THE worst emulator? Personally I think fin's the best since it doesn't suffer from those unexpected slowdowns like the ones you get from ePSXe.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Rufio

I have done all of my testing of this mod on psxfin and it works fine.  I just tried it on epsxe and it was conplwtely fubar.  I am unsure of what your issue is, Skiploom, but i will double check the patch I made incase it was a mistake on my end.

Vaan

After the battle when i allowed us to do what Sev wanted, when the options came up Ramza had vanilla's Knight portrait. :V
   ~ Vaan

Rufio

whoops, thanks Vaan, i thought I caught all of those in the attack.out

Rufio

Selfish bump for update!  Keep the comments coming.

Rufio

Version 0.25 Released!

A bunch of fixes in this patch.  All skillsets now work properly (including sorcerer's elemental).  All propositions now work properly.  many fights have been changed completely.  Random battles are completed.  Move find is done.

Be sure to update to the newest version, you can still use your old save files.

bcrobert

October 03, 2014, 08:22:46 pm #18 Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:02:21 pm by bcrobert
Yo, I tried patching 0.25 to a fresh image, but it didn't work. I got an endless "read sector out of range" error. The same image/patcher combination worked with Jot5 when I troubleshooted so I'm not sure what's going on unless it's the patch. :/

EDIT. This issue got weirder. According to some tests by Xifanie, Vaan, and me the patch is running fine on pcsx-r and not on PSXfin. Reasons unknown.
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

Elric

October 03, 2014, 09:32:33 pm #19 Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 10:17:14 pm by Elric
Where do you get that?

Cuz I tested right now on the same bin file i use for Jot5 and I got to the first battle
of The Tabletop demo without any issue, and I'm using pSX (PSXFin)

EDIT: It appears that the image that you patch the Tabletop Demo to must be restructured BEFORE patching. This is an oversight due to not correctly making the PPF.
However, using this method I can confirm that it works for myself as well as bcrobert
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did some palette work on that Yuriel sprite, it's not perfect but I think it's better than the current sprite and it uses FFT colors. I also tried to stick as close to your
color scheme as possible and i fixed your line glitch on the portrait.