• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 09:58:48 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Elric's Console Mods

Started by Elric, April 08, 2014, 09:15:49 pm

Elric

Okay so technically there is only 1 to showcase currently, but I plan on doing more of these in coming weeks
between working on TLW and Jot5. (And I bet you all thought that was all I did ;P )

I actually have a very long history of repairing and modding hardware and my knowledge of it is much higher
than my knowledge of video game modding, so it's nice to share something else I've worked on with all of you.

For this particular console, my pops did the paint job (3 stage primer, primer and textured topcoat)
I did the hardware/software modding and installing, which was a TON of cutting and drilling basically,
as well as some soldering. All in all I was pretty happy with it, so here it is:

This console is not for sale. However, we will be taking requests shortly for anyone who might want to have one.
NOTE: I will not ship any consoles with roms or games included, google can help you with that part.

My next mod will also be an original Xbox, however the main color will be green (and something else undecided)
and will (instead of 1 single fan) have 2 dual fans (originally custom fans for the Xbox360) with green LED's
mounted on the left and right of the top of the console.

I know there is a lot more fancy mods out there than this, but I wanted a more OEM look than something that
no longer looks like an Xbox. If anyone has any other ideas or color schemes feel free to post em, I'll try anything
once.
  • Modding version: PSX

kyozo22

April 08, 2014, 10:04:53 pm #1 Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 11:15:44 pm by kyozo22
Oooh, nice Scottish flag design. :P Dat saltire...

In all seriousness though, looks really good and I wish I could do shit like this. Looks amazing.

Edit: Do you only mod Xboxs or do your talents extend to other consoles? Would love to get a modded PS2 sometime, just never got round to modding mine back in the day!
  • Modding version: WotL

Angel

I said it in IRC already, but that is just freaking awesome. I totally need to commission you for a gunmetal on magenta one sometime, because I really lament having had my Xbox stolen before I could finish so many of my games... Awesome work! :D
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Celdia

Very nice looking, Elric. Does make me wish I had some money to toss at a project like that.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Seperest

Zero Dozer

I wish I lived in your country, Elric. Just so I could order a mod on my X360 from you.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown