• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

PW 2.0: What's In Store

Started by Eternal, October 10, 2013, 02:29:17 am

Vaan

"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

Eternal

There's also a Nacht, from FF Dimensions. ;)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

The Damned

(Here's to hoping you changed "World" as far as Monster gender names go. I don't know why that one bothers me as much as it does.)

Well, if you really wanted to get more female names from video games, you could expand slightly outward into some of Square's other RPGs, like taking "Asellus" and "Emelia" from SaGa Frontier. Pretty sure no one around here would begrudge you taking names from Chrono Trigger or Star Ocean 2 either--Chrono Cross may be pushing your luck though. You could even go into some the more esoteric or at least less supported RPGs of Square's if you really want to, like taking "Nina" from Breath of Fire or, getting actually esoteric, taking "Aya" from Parasite Eve. Finally, given how bishonen a lot of Final Fantasy characters, you could always shift some of the more gender neutral male character names like Snow or Hope or Cloud over to the female side.

Regardless, glad to hear things are still progressing smoothly.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"