• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:24:58 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Running map2gl + Ganesha Duplicate Function

Started by Elric, September 22, 2013, 03:04:39 am

Elric

I had a hell of a time getting map2gl working, so I decided to make a tutorial on how to get it working
without a disc mounted.

Lirmont also made a small update for Ganesha to allow duplication of polygons, which makes map editing
a lot easier, so I will explain this and provide these files as well.

NOTE: This is tested on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I cannot speak for issues on this with other OS

map2gl

1. Download THIS PACK compiled by Lirmont

2. Extract pack to a new folder. Install Python and all updates included in this folder.
-Python 2.7.2
-wxPython2.8
-PyOpenGL-3.0.1
-PIL-1.1.7
-numby 1.5.1

3. After all 5 of these have been installed. Remove all 5 installs from the folder. Leave the 3 remaining
items in this folder.
fft (folder)
map2gl.py
msvcr71.dll

4. Name this folder map2gl and place it in the root of your C: drive.

5. Open a Vanilla FFT Image in CDMage and Extract the MAP and EVENT folders, as well as the BATTLE.BIN
Place all 3 of these in the map2gl folder.
EVENT (folder)
fft (folder)
MAP(folder)
BATTLE.BIN
map2gl.py
msvcr71.dll

I'll write the rest assuming that you've never used Command Prompt before.

6. Run map2gl through Command Prompt (See Spoiler)
Type, cd.. hit enter

Type, cd.. hit enter

Command Prompt should now say C:\>

You are going to now tell map2gl which map to load, which is done by entering this

C:\>map2gl\map2gl.py C:\map2gl\MAP\MAPXXX.GNS
(replace XXX with the map number you want to load)

Hit Enter and the map should load

(Textured Polygons only! This does NOT work with Black Polygon's and will cause Ganesha to crash if you try!)
Ganesha + Duplicate

1. Install Ganesha as normal (download link can be found below)

2. Download Duplicate Addon pack below.

3. Extract and overwrite pack to the game folder inside of the Ganesha folder.
C:\Program Files\ganesha-0.60

4. Open Ganesha, select the Polygon you wish to duplicate, the Edit Polygon box will pop up.
Click the top of the Ganesha box again (to refocus the program) while leaving the Edit Polygon box open.

5. Hit the "F" button.

6. Go back to the Edit Polygon box and hit the -/+28 in Z, X or Y, you will be moving the original polygon,
while a duplicate is in its place.

(This has a known bug that you will sometimes have to fix the Text Pal number of the Duplicated Poly.)
(This does NOT work with Black Polygon's and will cause Ganesha to crash if you try, Textured Polygons only!)

Ganesha .60
  • Modding version: PSX

Twinees

Update:
The Duplicate Addon had a small bug where the texture palette did not copy over properly, I found the relevant code and fixed it. Full credits still go to lirmont, all I did was change a small mistake of "page" to "palette".
  • Modding version: PSX