• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:14:30 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

What feature(s) would you like to see?

Started by Eternal248, September 12, 2011, 07:10:26 am

Eternal

PW is very much a community patch, and I value peoples' opinions on it. Are there any features you'd like to see that weren't in Vanilla, that you would like to see added?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Shade

Optional story paths, unique and new special units with story arounded them, epic boss fights(the things that I have see weren't epic enough).
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

The Damned

September 13, 2011, 05:10:48 pm #2 Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:53:05 pm by The Damned
(*blankly stares at Shade*)

Please define "features" a bit less vaguely, Eternal. Do you mean just overall mechanic things? Or more...involved things like Shade's overly ambitious plans? And if you mean "overall mechanic things", then would this carry into in-battle things like status, equipment, abilities and such?

Regardless, the only thing I can think of is using Xifanie's ASM where the game screen defaults to Continue rather New Game. (Clarifying EDIT: Admittedly, however, I'm unsure if you've already used it given my...problems with trying to get Parted Ways running still.)

Otherwise, I can't think of anything else right now, especially without your clarification.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

GeneralStrife

I like to think of this as remix reborn like shade said, something new with new characters. I'd like to think the ball will get rolling with the editor RoR released.

GeneralStrife

But I like how its still FFT, just enhanced story y'know.

GeneralStrife

holy #@!$ I just thought after our convo et, FF12 Basch cameo!

Eternal

But you're already getting Balthier! >_>

Anywho, by little features, I mean things that make life more convenient for the player. For example, I made Defend a skillset so if you accidentally select it, it doesn't waste your turn.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

GeneralStrife

Oh I like that idea! And I did not know you already had a cameo planned. That works too. Sounds like this is gonna be fun.

Scearcely

September 15, 2011, 08:15:45 am #9 Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 08:16:36 am by Scearcely
formation sprites!

also i personally prefer global weapon evade over having to use a reaction for it

Eternal

Formation sprites are hopefully going to be done soon, and I am considering Weapon Guard on all, but I'm wary that it'll be too strong.

GeneralStrife

Could adjust the weapon evades so it's not.

Twinees

• Modding version: PSX

Eternal

What are you guys' thoughts on making Propositions take only 1-2 days instead of the current amount of days?

GeneralStrife

Dome

September 16, 2011, 03:09:35 pm #16 Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 03:09:59 pm by Dome
Quote from: Eternal248 on September 16, 2011, 02:47:21 pm
What are you guys' thoughts on making Propositions take only 1-2 days instead of the current amount of days?

Epic amount of time and/or save-load saved
Freaking agree, even if description-wise propositions may not make sense

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

The Damned

(*still working on cleaning up his computer*)

Oh, you merely want things to make the games easier for players? Heh. Where's the fun in that?

More seriously, though, I can only think of three things at the moment, still being unable to play the patch. Or, at least, there's only three things that I can think of that would make the game more convenient and would be within the realm of reason of being expecting:

1. Make it so that the start-screen begins on "Continue" rather than "New Game".

2. Make Weapon Guard/Parry innate on everyone and just lower W-EV across the board. (I'm not sure why this is even a question.)

3. Make the formation sprites match up with the in-battle ones. (Also, if possible, try to fix or have people fix some of the more...awkward looking sprites. I was noticing in Barren's recent videos that the Devout sprite, for females at least, has arms that still look rather disconnected.)

That's it. There's something else I was going to suggest, but that to do with making the game more difficult rather than less and since you apparently made Omega a PMSing automation, I think perhaps we need all the help we can get.

Quote from: Eternal248 on September 16, 2011, 02:47:21 pm

2-3 days seems more reasonable. I don't know why, but for some reason, 1 day feels too quick for me. I guess it would be though at 1-2 days.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Eternal

These features I'm asking about are more about player convenience outside of battle than in-battle stuff, such as Propositions. In-battle stuff is being made quite a bit more difficult in the near future, but I'd rather that be saved for the inevitable Parted Ways Hardtype than normal PW. I actually intended to use the Continue/New Game ASM for the next update, since that's a nifty little ASM- changed formation sprites will also likely be in the next version.

Seems people really want Innate: Weapon Guard. I'll need to test it out some and see if it'd be too strong, and if I'd need to lower EVD. Regarding Propositions, I'm not an idiot. Everyone uses savestates for those. Raven's argument is that it removes the challenge from random battles if I shorten Prop times, but that's kind of a moot point since everyone dodges them to begin with, IMO.

Also, if I'm lucky, I'll be introducing the first new short story arc in the next version. It's only changed battles at Zigolis and Yuguo, but I think people will enjoy the connections it brings. :)

The Damned

(I kinda agree with Raven on that, but I'm going to try a few things to make people actually want to do random battles, so we'll see how that goes.)

Oh, I wasn't going to suggest a "hard type" or a "New Game +". I like I said, I want to remain within the realm of (current) possibility, especially since it would be rather hypocritical of me to suggest something that would take a lot of coding at this point.

I was merely going to suggestion with regards to traps, since I had been wondering about them as we're both taking from FFXII, but if you're going to be focusing on out-of-battle stuff, very well.

With regards to Parry, I'm not going to say that math is easy, especially since I have to redo my equipment otherwise (and should probably start on that as well, today). However, I would suggest if you feel you're current EVD is potentially too strong, then perhaps just lower everything by 25% or even 50%. We at least seem to agree that certain things, like Guns, shouldn't have any W-EV.