• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:44:07 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

ASM Requests

Started by The Damned, October 29, 2014, 09:16:45 pm

3lric

.482 isn't the most recent version. .483 is..
  • Modding version: PSX

Kaijyuu

Looked around for that; only found this which has the same asm hacks included as .482.

If .483 is stable and release worthy, the wiki and stickies should probably be updated.

Kaijyuu

Fulfilled my own request (well actually most of the work was done by whoever put stuff on the wiki):

Gained JP Up innate all

BATTLE.BIN
Address: 1179a4
Change to 00000000

Angel

When I saw the aforementioned request, I asked in chat if it had already been made, since I was sure I'd seen it before, but I didn't get a response. At least now it's certainly a thing. Good work! <(^.^)b
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

LohikaarmeX

Sorry if this it's not the right place but... There's a formula to make a 100% knockback skill?

3lric

This already exists and comes with the default hacks with FFTP...

It's in Zodiac.xml and the patch name is X% chance of Knockback for Dash/Throw Stone

also, one thing to keep in mind:

Quote from: formerdeathcorps on January 02, 2012, 02:03:58 am
All it does is change a byte.  Of course it works, though you should know that knockback does not work if the terrain type behind a unit is different than the one he is currently standing on or of higher elevation.

(I found ALL this info by simply typing 100% knockback in the searchbar btw)

LohikaarmeX

I know i didn't search in the bar, but the time difference from here (Actually, in Argentina, was the 6 AM when i post the message) it's a problem... And almost died over the keyboard at that time. But, Elric, thanks a lot

Supernaut

Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster here, hope I'm posting this in the right thread.
I don't know if something like this has already been suggested, but what if instead of choosing whether a spell would target a unit/tile, one could choose whether to cast a spell by using MP or by charging?

If you chose to use MP, the spell would be cast instantly but there would be no means of restoring MP (all MP restoring abilities and items would be removed).
If, on the other hand, you chose to cast the same spell via charging the spell would only be able to target a panel (in other words, follow target would be disabled).

I tried to do something similar in my patch by creating duplicate abilities, one with a charge time and the other with an MP cost. So the black magic skillset, for example, has Fire (MP) and Fire (CT).
As you can see, this solution isn't all that elegant and it limits the amount of abilities with different effects you can have in the same skillset, but I kinda like it so far.

This isn't really a request, just an idea I thought I'd post to hear your opinions or if someone wanted to use it for their patch. If someone with ASM skills took a liking to it, all the better  ;)

P.S. thanks for the amazing patching tools and patches, and I apologise if my post is a bit hard to read since english is not my first language.

reyhan37

August 25, 2015, 10:21:17 am #88 Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 03:34:17 pm by Xifanie
I've noticed that with a bow, even if a target is within range 3, but height +4, the target is out of range. That doesn't make sense to me.

I believe the following should be within bow range

• distance 2, height +4 or less

• distance 3, height +3 or less

• distance 4, height +2 or less

• distance 5, height +1 or less

Is there already a hack for this? If not, can someone make one?

Another request:

The damage formula for crossbows is WP * PA.

I don't think PA should play in any part in a crossbow's damage. Its power comes from the mechanical spring of the crossbow and the penetration of the bolt. I propose

[Damage] = WP * WP
ignores Zodiac compatibility

Emmy

Quote from: reyhan37 on August 25, 2015, 10:21:17 am
Another request:

The damage formula for crossbows is WP * PA.

I don't think PA should play in any part in a crossbow's damage. Its power comes from the mechanical spring of the crossbow and the penetration of the bolt. I propose

[Damage] = WP * WP

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7271.0

This can be done with one of the spreadsheets i linked here. You can change any weapon to whatever formula you want within the ones listed, and wp^2 is one of the options.  Not sure if you can edit zodiac compat for individual weapons though.

Darkholme

August 28, 2015, 09:21:27 pm #90 Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 09:28:32 pm by Darkholme
Quote from: reyhan37 on August 25, 2015, 10:21:17 amThe damage formula for crossbows is WP * PA.

[Damage] = WP * WP

This kind of formula is what makes Gun and Monk damage so wonky. In this case you're looking at Gun Damage for Crossbows.

This will result in Guns being significantly more effective to a poorly leveled party, and near useless in comparison to other weapons If you're someone who does some grinding to get the jobs, skills, and levels they want their characters to have.

This is of course the opposite effect of Martial Arts, which is super effective if you are well leveled, and complete shit if you're under-leveled.

This is (obviously) because stats scale by level, and items scale by plot progression. Weapons that use just one or just the other balance poorly. Regardless of whether you CAN implement such a formula, it's a bad idea.

A better idea would be to have a variable that increments based on plot progression (this may already be a thing, either by default or in another hack) and then build a formula based on that, multiplied out to have the same basic progression as whatever the average growth pattern of item-based damage is.

In the case of the crossbow (and gun) perhaps use a multiplied Spd to effectively yield a number range on the same scale as your PA.

TigerKnee

May I request a simple ASM hack where the ability triggered by Caution is changed from Defending to Haste?

And a (not sure if impossible) ASM hack for Gilgame heart which triggers a single random status infliction on the reactor from a set of (Defending/Reraise/Regen/Protect/Shell/Haste/Death Sentence)?

And is there an easier way to do the 1st request much more easily with an FFTOrgasm patch so I can change any reaction's triggering status condition into what I want instead of requesting?

I know about this page but I don't understand how to actually use the information in it (what does "Load Attack's Status Inflict" connect to?)
http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Sunken_State,_Caution,_Dragon_Spirit,_etc._usability

Emmy

The first one is easy.  I changed sunken state into haste for my mod, code for it is here:

<Patch name="Sunken State adds Haste">
    <Description>Sunken State adds Haste</Description>
    <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="00124020">
    </Location>
    <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="00124028">
      1E0062A0
    </Location>
  </Patch>

Though if you want to change Caution into Haste instead, use the offsets here instead of those of Sunken State (Also answers your 3rd  question): http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6505.0

TigerKnee

Thank you for that.

Is Sunken state + Dragon Spirit + Caution + Regenerator the only ones that are easily changed in this way? Any way to change Gilgame Heart to work in a similar way?

Emmy

I'm not sure if anyone has figured out how to change Gilgame heart into something better.  I know another patch has changed Face Up into another status infliction ability, no clue how he did it though since to my knowledge the hack was never posted here.  Those 4 abilities can be changed easily with that hack though. 

TigerKnee

Ok, thanks for the help.

Btw, for that particular hack, what is the YY "Status Bit Offset" supposed to do in relation to the XX value?

Emmy

Status bit xx is which status you want, yy is which group it's from.  So for example you can create an ability that gives protect and shell, but you can't combine protect and transparent, because they must be in the same group.

theultrawolf

Not even sure if this is possible...
Would it be possible to create a support ability (hell, even an action ability) that has similar qualities to the Rampart Aura skill in Tactics Ogre? Basically what it does is prevent movement beyond the Rampart Aura's radius, and then each turn you can get one square closer to that unit. So basically it hampers Move within a certain AOE. (It could even be a status, or a mixture of both, since there's an Action ability in TO that gives the status, as well as the support ability which gives it innately.)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Adhelbert

Hello everybody ..

Just wondering if i can get these abilities :
(Shield, Bubble, Sturdy, Adeptness, counter deathblow, Keen senses) from Jot5.

And can the asm hacks that used to change all damage formulas in call of power, can i used it in vanilla? If yeah, can i get it ?

And the last question : How can i do this ?
Make Hp Boost -Dark Knight Support ability from wotl-

Sticky Fingers -i want it work this way : when a unit try to attack u & use their weapon except (gun, bow, crossbow) there will be a chance to steal that weapon-.

Thanks to anyone help me :D.

3lric

Quote from: Mike on November 18, 2015, 07:12:58 pm
Just wondering if i can get these abilities :
(Shield, Bubble, Sturdy, Adeptness, counter deathblow, Keen senses) from Jot5.

Lol, no. Not until the re'release is out anyway. Things are being reworked and retested ASMwise.