• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:45:05 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Turn based FFT V0.9(For now on this projet is finished.)

Started by SolidSnakeDog, October 10, 2009, 09:42:00 am

How the system system?

Good idia. I like this.
2 (40%)
Nope. I dont like this.
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: October 14, 2009, 04:45:48 am

ffta707

December 28, 2009, 09:30:49 pm #140 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ffta707
Hell ya i'd make dark sword cost mp, simply because it could beet the fuck out of any type of knight. Plus think about it - by using dark sword, you are hitting them 0 mp cost, but gaining as much damage as dark sword does, coulld be around 64 65 or even 100 mp damage, you absorb it, then use more powerfull swordskills, so i think dark sword should cost as much mp as it does damage, or just completely trash the skill. Once you run out of mp, all you have to do is use the free of mp dark sword, then use all your skills till you run out like zaen said. ( after i wrote this i read her post lol) lol. Once again i love this patch alot, and your an intellegent guy. You should come up with some pretty cool origional shit man:)

EDIT: Also, if you think about it. Even making the ability cost 3-4 mp, its not doing much. Her is my reaasoning:

If your best swordskill cost 10-20 mp then.

Dark sword, 0 mp cost, gains mabe 64 or above in damage.

use swordskill/ 20 mp, use darksword---64 mp gain, which would give you enogh mp for thrree more 20 MP! swordskills.

I say get rid of the Absorb part of the formula, and just have mp damge. And even, still make it cost mp since other swordsmans// like weigragh or wat ever the fuck.... Uses mp, you could completely ruin  that guy lol;}

Another EDIT:
Really, i'll be glad by the way, if you need any help to help you. Your project grew on me alot:)

Zaen

December 29, 2009, 01:29:23 am #141 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zaen
I was thinking 3-4 because that's what it costs for Spell Absorb for Oracle, and the cost of Swordskills seems kinda low at 4-20. I usually set them at 8, 13, 17, 25 and 35 with Night Sword at 10. Maybe 6 MP?
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

SolidSnakeDog

December 29, 2009, 01:39:04 am #142 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Maybe i should just totally remove sword skills form the game and giving sword skills users new costom abilities to remplace em...this will be easyer to not make the skills broken.
Maybe aslo change a few class names...remplacing the *Holy knight* to *Paladin* and giving skills that the paladin uses.
Dark knight to...hmm this can stay the same. But uses the *Evil* skills that do the opositive effect that the Paladins have.

In short : Changing the Sword skills classes to an other special class using new costom made skills.
This is rather a big change so i will need a few votes before doing something like this.

Zaen

December 29, 2009, 02:45:27 pm #143 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zaen
Well, you could keep Night Sword, but change Dark Sword. Change it to the Oracle formula and change the percentage.

SolidSnakeDog

Progress is very slow lately. This will take longer that expected to get the next update sadly.
Mainly because i dont feel too well lately and i don't really have the will to continue this. (For now)

I think i need a few testers for now on. Not a must, but this will speed up the progress alot if anyone wants to help. (Maybe even a lest play/review video on youtube but im probably asking too much there.)

My current progress for the next update is about 1/4 to give u an idia.
That it for now. Later all.

SolidSnakeDog

Well...this is very quiet around here lately...too quiet to my liking.
Guess no one wants to help after all...im sad :(

Anyway the progress are geting along...slowly. About 2/5 done. (Yeah...i don't have much time lately but by saying this u know this projet is not death yet.)
Aslo the next update will have a few ASM hacks in. (Removing starting items for exemple)

This may seems weird but i need some *bad* comments.
Like telling the most boring things about this hack, so i can keep on improving it so many more can enjoy it.

Kokojo

Well well... Then send me a Pm, il fix the Sluice bug for you.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

SolidSnakeDog

Ok...seems like i did eneuf changes to actually post 0.9.
But before that...i am hesitating a bit about some of the new stuff like :

-Given Algus/Delta EXP-UP/JP-up inate so there stay userfull longer.
-Dark Sword now cost 6MP and absorb 25% of the taget max MP.
-Poison/Regen/Protect/Shell lasts longer. Sleep time is reduced.Confusion now wear off overtime. (Poison is actually worth using now.)
-Steal sucess rate was improved a bit.
-Ramza got a new skill = Cheap Slash (This is like a normal attack but got a chance to add a bad status.Darkness/poison/silence or Slow.Cost 6 MP.Can be learned at Chpt 2. Cost 400 JP evadable.)
-Ribbons and 2 other acc is no longer limited to female. Aslo the HP/MP boust was reduced. Perfumes is still for female only.

What do u guys think?

Zaen

I like these changes. Dark Sword isn't overpowered, now. Status effects each have their uses, steal isn't a pain now, and Ramza has a decent attack skill.
Ribbons and etc becoming accessible to all was great idea.

I really would test this out if I had the time, but I'm too busy for the next months to come. It's really a great project, too. More progress than most at this point.

SolidSnakeDog

January 25, 2010, 09:18:37 pm #149 Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 07:00:32 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Glad you like the idias.
I always got a feeling that Ramza skill set needed a little more offence, so i given him this skill.

One thing about bosses : The bosses are lame so there gonna get a very big buff all around in the next update. (Including some new skills. Sadly not costom ones, because i only have 2 more spaces for costom make skill and i want to save em for later.)

Guess in an few days i will update it after a bit more testing. Expect the update later this week  :)

EDIT :

I will aslo submit a *Tester version* patch soon.
This Tester version will let you get all jobs and skills right at the begining of the game (And near unlimited MP so you can try out all abilities costing MP and stuff.)

EDIT : Finally the v0.9 is now avalable. Alot of thing got changed (Maybe too much?)
I aslo add some ASM hacks in, Look at the main post to know what there are.
I hope you guys enjoy this new patch

SolidSnakeDog

What's hapening?
Not a single download after 5 days...
Is there something THAT bad with the changes?

EDIT : 5 Feb

Still not a single download/Comment after almos 2 weeks?  :cry:
I don't see any use continuing this for now.
Because this projet is so unpopular lately, this will be on hold for now on...

SolidSnakeDog

I now realise that i did almos anything that i can do by myself at this point.
Too bad that no one was willing to make the ASM hacks and i don't have a glue on how to to ASM hacks proprely.
Im not asking for help now. (no one will anyway)

Well in the end i came up with a good idia, but the ASM hacks i needed is what prevented my projet to be how i wanted it.
Im sad leaving it like that. But i may still update it for bug fixing and balance it but that all i can do in my state.

Sorry for falling you ffhacktic..i wanted to give you a decent projet but i laked the power to do it.

If someone esle wants to take over to fully finish this,just do so. (Will probably not hapend homever)

ShinHadokenman

I havent been around for a long time it makes me sad to see this project discontinued. I wish I knew how to asm hack I'm sorry about this It was such a good idea too.  What did you need the ASM hacking for like what needed to be fixed
  • Modding version: PSX

SolidSnakeDog

Quote from: "ggx2rking"I havent been around for a long time it makes me sad to see this project discontinued. I wish I knew how to asm hack I'm sorry about this It was such a good idea too.  What did you need the ASM hacking for like what needed to be fixed

I am late but anyway.

Basiquely i needed 3 kind of ASM.

1.Giving attack unlimited range (And ignore walls)
2.Same has frist one but with items. (Not needed but this would make an new class. think chemist in ff5)
3.Same has frist one but with ninja throw.

So close yet so far.

teresap989

It sounds good. But instead of Protect for Spears, why not +1 PA? Also, Books seem like they should cast a spell. You could go with the 1.3 spells, or possibly toss it up a bit. Tossing it up would be the best idea.

ffta707

Remove the chemist from the game, and make another job use "Artificial" Items (Make abilities that use the same effect as Item). That could solve one ASM hack, but with the sacrifice of a job.

SolidSnakeDog

Quote from: "ffta707"Remove the chemist from the game, and make another job use "Artificial" Items (Make abilities that use the same effect as Item). That could solve one ASM hack, but with the sacrifice of a job.

Thats wy i changed mediator job to *Medic* actually.
it is almos the same, but Healing get better if your MA is higher.
but because it can be abused (lv 3 frist aid/CPR(Revive) right and left all battle long)
I given it an small MP cost to limit the healing abuse. (Aslo fixed the AI using *unlimited* healloop in the progress  :(
After the last update, after 2 weeks, there were not a SINGLE download at that time so i had given up this hack at that time.
Sigh...to think that this hack was almos finished. the ASM hacks is whats holding this hack for being the way i want it.

Mari

I'd certainly play a further release.

I'd like to try demos of quite a few patches, right now, but I just don't have the time.
But if you ever manage to get a demo out there that has a chapter or two out there I'm sure I could make some time to play every once in a while.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

ffta707

I'm not opposed to a turn based style, simply because it is like playing a regular Final Fantasy RPG, with a 3-D and somewhat tactical engine. It's a simple, yet very effective patch, and I will certainly play it.