• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:21:20 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Questions regarding ALMA

Started by Odal, July 05, 2015, 04:15:58 am

Odal

July 05, 2015, 04:15:58 am Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 09:28:47 am by Odal
I want to make a lot of stats on gear scale with level so I made a lot of armor have % stat increase.  Unfortunately this means lower level units will have less benefit from any piece of armor, but it seems a bit shaky on whether the units are having the benefits at all.  Perhaps this is because I'm looking at the first battle in the game where things maybe act weird?  I gave Lavian gear which all added up to giving her a total of +60% HP (+20% three times).  I edited raw stats and she should have 54-56 HP base at her level (8) which would mean her health after gear buffs should be 86-89 but it's usually at 66 which is equivalent to one of those 20% buffs.  What's the issue here?  Like I said, maybe it's a first battle problem?  Or is there some problem with applying the buffs to AI?  I know the +60% works outside of battle.

Also, is there a known problem with the character sheet outside of battle?  Most of the character stats show up fine except speed and magic attack which show up at 50 and 99 respectively.  When I equip "best" on a character, the stats go back to normal for a moment and inside of battle they're correct, but it looks pretty bad to have it visually showing up as something ridiculous.  There's also a problem of equipping each piece of gear individually where, outside of battle, speed and magic attack shows up about 5-10 points higher than it should be.  All of these are problems happen regardless of whether the gear the character is wearing affects speed or magic attack at all.

Also, completely random but Ramza finished off the first battle once by hitting an archer for 693 damage out of nowhere.  I didn't get to see what the conditions were since it finished the battle, but characters aren't even hitting above 50 at that point- no reason to be hitting for 693 damage.  Are there any rumors of stuff like this happening?

If it makes any difference the other stuff applied to my ISO are: item, class, and ENTD changes from FFTPatcher, Armor has damage reduction, and, pre-raw stats edits.

Edit - well, I've narrowed it down to ALMA.  With a completely clean ISO I patched my ALMA xml onto it and Gafgarion happens to have gear which gives him 20% health increase in two 10% items and of course, only one 10% applies.  He has about 210 HP in the original game and about 230 HP with my changes.  Also played it through to the world map and get the character sheet bugginess.  Kind of unfortunate :\  Had a lot of my plans depending on ALMA working.

Choto

Sorry Odal, but Pokeytax (the guy who made ALMA) hasn't been around for quite awhile and ALMA has had a history of being buggy. Celdia is the only one I know of who used it in her patch rather successfully.. so you could try sending her a PM to see what her experience with it is. Otherwise I'm afraid there isn't much help to be found >_>