• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:16:38 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Custom Maps

Started by gett21, June 10, 2015, 11:34:24 am

gett21

After streaming a lot of videos, I was wondering.. Is it possible to create new maps or modify the original ones? Just curious as a newbie. :)

Jumza

Absolutely!
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=2479.0
It's called Ganesha, it's not too difficult to work with but it can be tedious / time consuming.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

Yes, you can use Ganesha to edit FFT Maps.

You can check the tutorials section for tips on using it, as well as a copypaste addon that Lirmont made.
Admittedly Ganesha isn't the easiest thing to use, but with some time and patience you'll find that it's really not hard at all, just requires a lot of time.

Another thing to note, you cannot add any NEW maps, but you can edit existing ones. I would also suggest that any edits/maps you make be smaller than the original you are overwriting.

Xifanie

No? You cannot add new maps? I thought I did that you JotF. Maybe -you- can't, but -I- can. :p (only up to 127 maps though)
And same thing for maps having to be smaller than the original size... if you know how to restructure the ISO, you can also increase the size of files or move them around. But there is a limit to everything. Let's see if you can finish a map first; it's a LOT of time and dedication.

(Although technically we're not creating -new- maps, not from scratch... but we can copy/paste existing ones into empty slots and edit those)
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

gett21

I understand I am just looking the possibility of different maps let me say uhm different environment unlike ivalice.. I am not the artist btw just a programmer but I am now heading a 5 man team with 2 artists.. Thanks for the replies btw. .We will see what we can do.. :)