• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:51:57 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

ATTACK.OUT Editor Special Awesome - UPDATE: 1/24/2022

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, May 30, 2013, 07:39:16 pm

RavenOfRazgriz

May 30, 2013, 07:39:16 pm Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 09:16:24 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
MediaFire FULL Download

ATTACK.OUT Editor Special Awesome is now completed and released!  This powerful tool is capable of modifying the scenario data in ATTACK.OUT, without any fuss with unknown values or mucking with constant importation of exportation of ATTACK.OUT via the use of .XML application.  (It still, however, does support directly loading from and saving to a .OUT if this is the user's preference!)  Easily edits both Scenario data and Squadron data!  Much like EasyVent Editor Super Perfect 2.0, this program is designed with managing multiple, large projects, and with the needs of those seeking to do large-scale edits of the ATTACK.OUT, in mind.

NOTE: If you're a user simply looking to modify the Vanilla game, the program boots with Vanilla pre-sets, so you can load it and get to work without any fuss!

WARNING: When flagging as Squadron as "Upper Level", all members of that squadron must be capable of spawning on an Upper Level.  (Eg the bridge in Zirekile Falls or the overpass in Golgorand Execution Site.)  Units not capable of spawning on an Upper Level WILL NOT BE SPAWNED.  This is the behavior of the Upper Level Flag itself and not something I can do anything about, so be warned.

Features Included:
  • RELEASE version now handles both scenarios and squadrons!
  • Copy and Paste Scenarios/Squadrons between indexes in ATTACK.OUT via keyboard or right click!
  • Load from and save to .XMLs stored in the .XML Directory folder, then apply with FFT OrgASM.
  • Load any .OUT file stored in the .OUT Directory.  No more ATTACK.OUT DUMP.txt!
  • Save to any .OUT file stored in the .OUT Directory.  Perfect for people who prefer not fussing with .XML!
  • No Unknown variables!

Stuff Missing:
  • NONE.

CTRL+C - Copy Scenario
CTRL+V - Open Scenario
CTRL+O - Open .XML
CTRL+S - Save .XML
CTRL+I - Import ATTACK.OUT
CTRL+R / F5 - Refresh Folder Contents
CTRL+L / F4 - Close Active Window
CTRL+Q - Open Squadron Window
CTRL+ARROWS - Move Squadron on Grid
SHIFT+LEFT/RIGHT - Change Squadron Facing
CTRL+SHIFT+LEFT/RIGHT - Change Squadron Rotation

CONMAN

Nice.  Many props Raven!  I especially like the Ramza mandatory Flag!

I have to ask- ...because.... I just don't know... I wanted to be able to load my already edited Attackout file for Xifanie's Editor into your special awesome(sauce).  Could I simply copy all of my  data straight out of my hex editor for the offsets x10938 to x13637 into my xml file?

...I feel kind of stupid having typed that ... but I am a cautious son of a bitch.
  • Modding version: PSX

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: CONMAN on May 31, 2013, 11:33:26 pm
Nice.  Many props Raven!  I especially like the Ramza mandatory Flag!

I have to ask- ...because.... I just don't know... I wanted to be able to load my already edited Attackout file for Xifanie's Editor into your special awesome(sauce).  Could I simply copy all of my  data straight out of my hex editor for the offsets x10938 to x13637 into my xml file?

...I feel kind of stupid having typed that ... but I am a cautious son of a bitch.

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on May 30, 2013, 07:39:16 pmIt also currently lets you make an "ATTACK DUMP" from x10938 to x13637, save it as the noted .txt file, and load that into the Editor to indirectly 'import' existing ATTACK.OUTs that have already been edited into the program.

Make ATTACK.OUT DUMP.txt, open your edited ATTACK.OUT, copy and paste the relevant data into the .txt file, save, place .txt file in the same folder as ATTACK.OUT Editor Special Awesome, press Import ATTACK.OUT DUMP.txt to Editor.  If you made your .txt file correctly it will load into the Editor and you can immediately press Save XML and go to town.

Pride

Any update on this? For some reason but the dump and load XML do not work
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Elric

I can also say for this and the previous release (that isnt posted here) that I have not had this issue either.

Pride

I did figure out why the text dump was getting an error message. But the import is already as detailed as I can really get. I made some changes, saved the XML, closed the program, opened bit sometime later, hit import from XML, and nothing happened. No messages or changes. Tried a few more times and nothing.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

RavenOfRazgriz

Since I've had to start using it again and noticed a few more bugs, here's a BETA 0.2 Release.

This one includes Right Click support for Copying and Pasting Scenarios, fixed XML loading, and fixes to a handful of bugs such as Copy not Copying Song 2 and some other stuff.  Still lacks keyboard shortcuts and a few other things as this was mostly an impromptu fix.

Also, the file it looks for now is "ATTACK.OUT Editor Special Awesome Edits.xml" and not "ATTACK.OUT Editor Special Awesome.xml", so remember to rename your file appropriately if you're using the older version of this tool.

Choto

Elricster, can we add this to the important links page? Unless i'm dumb and didn't see it

Elric

RavenOfRazgriz

UPDATE:

• New Face Layout.  ATTACK.OUT Editor Special Awesome now uses the same basic layout for windows as EasyVent Editor Super Perfect 2.0.

• Bug with using ENTD 1FD-1FF fixed.

• Bug with active window not updating when loading from .XML/.OUT fixed.

• Now Supports Right-Click.

• Now Supports Keyboard Shortcuts. These match the ones used by EasyVent Editor Super Perfect 2.0 where possible.

• Saving and Loading logic is now similar to EasyVent Editor Super Perfect 2.0

• Now uses a .XML Directory folder to store .XML files, and can load / save .XMLs named by the user for easier organization.

• Now can load any .OUT file from the .OUT Directory to populate itself with data from an ATTACK.OUT instead of using the hackish ATTACK.OUT DUMP.txt method.

• Stability improvements.

Elric

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on March 31, 2017, 01:18:45 am
UPDATE:

• New Face Layout.  ATTACK.OUT Editor Special Awesome now uses the same basic layout for windows as EasyVent Editor Super Perfect 2.0.

• Bug with using ENTD 1FD-1FF fixed.

• Bug with active window not updating when loading from .XML/.OUT fixed.

• Now Supports Right-Click.

• Now Supports Keyboard Shortcuts. These match the ones used by EasyVent Editor Super Perfect 2.0 where possible.

• Saving and Loading logic is now similar to EasyVent Editor Super Perfect 2.0

• Now uses a .XML Directory folder to store .XML files, and can load / save .XMLs named by the user for easier organization.

• Now can load any .OUT file from the .OUT Directory to populate itself with data from an ATTACK.OUT instead of using the hackish ATTACK.OUT DUMP.txt method.

• Stability improvements.

Awesome, good job, I'll play with it this weekend.

RavenOfRazgriz

Small update to the download to fix an error with the Import from ATTACK.OUT function.

There's no point having an updater since ATTACK.OUT Editor Special Awesome is a standalone .exe so please just re-download if you intend to use that function.

Guru

Holy shit, he's alive. Thanks, for everything really, but I'm definitely glad to see this got an official update.

*edit* same with EasyVent, figured I'd save a post.

RavenOfRazgriz

Thanks.  It's about to get another update.

Current revision is 0.4.  Layout adjusted for introduction of a new button and minor aesthetic improvements.  A couple minor bugs are fixed.  Now supports saving directly to your .OUT file if you prefer not to use .XML files via the Export .OUT button.  I personally prefer the .XMLs because they make it easier to keep backups of things, but for people who are alternating between this program for editing most things and Xifanie's editor for managing squadron layouts, saving directly to .OUT will probably be a huge time save.

Jumza

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on April 02, 2017, 07:17:58 pm
but for people who are alternating between this program for editing most things and Xifanie's editor for managing squadron layouts, saving directly to .OUT will probably be a huge time save.

Absolutely! This is my favourite update so far.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

RavenOfRazgriz

VERSION 1.0 IS RELEASED.

Changes:

• Removal of "Copy Scenario" and "Paste Scenario" Face Buttons.  They are now "Edit Squadrons" and "Close".  Copy and Paste Scenario are still available via Right-Click and CTRL+C / CTRL+V

• Fixed a saving bug.

• SQUADRONS ARE NOW FULLY EDITABLE.

• "Edit Squadrons" opens a separate editor that allows editing of squadron data independently of the main window.  Preview is now in the OP.  Formations can be edited with full freedom, and are compatible with arrow-key-based keyboard shortcuts as listed in the OP.  "Upper Level" allows formations to be placed on top of bridges, arches, etc., but heed the OP's warning about this feature.  The X and Y fields on the Squadron Editor allow for moving the layout's center square to any location immediately if its desired location is already known, instead of using the GUI.

• .xmls loaded from older versions will give a warning to load from .OUT instead if there is squadron data you want to preserve as this version now saves the squadron data to the .xml.  Once a new .xml has been saved via the release version of the editor, this warning will no longer appear, so if you like working in .xml, simply rip and load your .OUT once if it has squadron edits and immediately save it, and you'll be good to go.

Xifanie

As the maker of the original ATTACK.OUT editor, please use this program from now on. There is literally no reason to not switch; this program offer more features without the bugs present in mine. Too bad I couldn't just update mine because I lost the source many years ago, but thanks Raven for making a proper replacement!
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Nyzer

I definitely am. It's got my recommendation as... uh, someone who occasionally edits an ATTACK.OUT file.

My credentials maybe aren't so impressive. :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown