• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:24:05 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Issues with getting abilities to work on Ninja.

Started by Tskidless, April 21, 2018, 05:45:29 am

Tskidless

I've been working on a mod of this game and I've ran into a wall.  For whatever reason I can't get these new abilities to work on my Ninja.  They work fine when I put them on other skill sets but on Ninja for whatever reason a random weapon's name comes up and she swings her weapons with a zero chance to hit when I use it.  I've changed Throw on the action menu to default, and I've tried to place these skills on other skill sets and give them to the Ninja but it doesn't work.  Changing classes and setting it as a sub doesn't work either.  I've put a picture of what the skill looks like below.
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

Tskidless

I had a feeling that it was something like that.  I guess I'll give the abilities to Bard then.  Thank you for your time.

RavenCurow

You could just use one of the empty skill sets. You can change which skillset Ninja uses in the jobs tab. Then you can name it in FFTactext.
Ramza: Delita, your hurt?
Delita: No, really? Did you think I was taking a nap down here?

Nyzer

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Xifanie

Quote from: RavenCurow on April 21, 2018, 07:39:46 pm
You could just use one of the empty skill sets. You can change which skillset Ninja uses in the jobs tab. Then you can name it in FFTactext.

That only works for WotL. On the PSX version, learnt abilities are based on skillset ID, so if you pick another skillset, in battle it's going to try to read Total Chemist JP as that's skillset's learnt abilities or something.

As to how to solve this problem, change Throw's action menu to normal, use my Skillset Behaviours spreadsheet to change Throw to Basic Skill behaviour or something, and as for the ability names that pop up well, I don't know if a hack was ever made for it or gone public.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Tskidless

I'll keep that in mind if / when I start modding War of the Lions.  I have ran into another issue where sprites glitch out during battle.  So far it has only happened at the Sand rats nest and the final battle of chapter 1 but I'm assuming that it is because I changed the classes of the knights that show up since I didn't want the early game to be too hard since I buffed Knight a lot.  I also changed the bosses weapon to be random since he level scales with the party in my mod.  The glitch sprite looks like a that thing you see on your computer before it blue screens and sometimes it looks like the nearby terrain.

RavenCurow

April 22, 2018, 06:28:55 pm #7 Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 06:54:04 pm by RavenCurow
Quote from: Xifanie on April 21, 2018, 08:33:17 pm
That only works for WotL. On the PSX version, learnt abilities are based on skillset ID, so if you pick another skillset, in battle it's going to try to read Total Chemist JP as that's skillset's learnt abilities or something.

As to how to solve this problem, change Throw's action menu to normal, use my Skillset Behaviours spreadsheet to change Throw to Basic Skill behaviour or something, and as for the ability names that pop up well, I don't know if a hack was ever made for it or gone public.

Huh, I didn't realize that those would share jp with another skillset. I've always been using those to create new skillsets. I seemed to be able to gain jp and learn abilities just fine. Skill names popped up when using them too so I didn't realize anything different was going on. Lol

Quote from: Tskidless on April 22, 2018, 06:00:17 pm
I'll keep that in mind if / when I start modding War of the Lions.  I have ran into another issue where sprites glitch out during battle.  So far it has only happened at the Sand rats nest and the final battle of chapter 1 but I'm assuming that it is because I changed the classes of the knights that show up since I didn't want the early game to be too hard since I buffed Knight a lot.  I also changed the bosses weapon to be random since he level scales with the party in my mod.  The glitch sprite looks like a that thing you see on your computer before it blue screens and sometimes it looks like the nearby terrain.

Sounds like you might have exceeded the sprite limit for the map. You can only have so many unique sprites on the map at one time. I think it was 9 IIRC.
Ramza: Delita, your hurt?
Delita: No, really? Did you think I was taking a nap down here?