• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:38:23 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Battlefield Weapon Sprite Replacement

Started by Sartre, December 28, 2017, 08:15:59 pm

Sartre

Okay so I'm trying to craft a gif as a joke, but it needs to be authentic and I don't want to photoshop it.

Basically I want to replace the Draw Out sprite for Muramasa to be the Clothing sprite instead. Should I replace the katana sprite in WEP1/WEP2.spr or ITEM.BIN? I don't care if it replaces all the other katanas or not, this is just for a quick gag.

I also want to edit the spell quote for Muramasa's Draw Out, but I think I have that taken care of. I don't usually play the PSX version, so does anybody know if there are certain conditions that prevent quotes from being read, so I could avoid them? I just ran through a bunch of battles and not a peep. I can't believe I'm grinding for spell quotes. :P Thanks a ton.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Sartre

Okay, just found out that WEP1 contains the in-battle sprites. Imported a new .bmp into Shishi but it spat out a .SPR that was about half the size of the one in my ISO. Slapped it in and the game doesn't run (surprise). Wonder what I'm doing wrong.

Nyzer

It seems to me as though you're just making this task as difficult as possible. If your end goal is a .gif, I don't know why you wouldn't just edit the frames.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Sartre