• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:44:16 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[[HELP]] A Workaround to Using LIOS editor on the Android Version of FFT:WotL

Started by Grotesque Audio, November 30, 2017, 03:58:06 am

Grotesque Audio

When the PSX came out one of the first games I got was Final Fantasy Tactics. Since then it has remained one of my most treasured childhood games. Recently I purchased the Android port (to my chagrin) to play and after playing through the story twice I want to mix things up. This is when I heard about this website and LIOS editor itself.

Unfortunately my device is not rooted, therefore I have no access to the save files in the root directory. However, with the newest update on the game, cloud saving has become an option and I thought of a way to perhaps circumvent this issue.

I wish to install an Android emulator, root it, and mess with files there and then have the save file re-sync with my device. Unfortunately I cannot find a straight answer as to which android emulator would be suit this purpose.

Thus far, I've attempted it with BlueStacks and MeMu but both did not open or play the game.

I have a moderate gaming computer with more than enough RAM and processing power to run a PS2 and Xbox 360 emulator so I don't think my computer is the issue. I was wondering if anyone here knows a good, solid android emulator that is capable of playing FFT:WotL. I don't need anything fancy as it would only be used for the express purpose of modifying the save files on the go or utilizing one of the many interesting tools I've seen here.

Any and all help would greatly be appreciated as I would love to be able to play with the editor and see what fun I can get up to in-game.

Cheers!
  :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Nyzer

So you want to install an Android emulator on your PC to run the Android version of the game?

We barely have people who can offer advice for the PSP version, let alone the mobile ones. Not to mention that the further away you get from the base PSX game, the harder the game becomes to modify.

If I were you, I'd just get a PSX/PSP emulator on the android device and mod those versions of the game. Yeah, you'd lose the save file, but you'd be able to do so much more.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Grotesque Audio

So, you're saying you are unaware of any emulators that can support the game? I can't say I'm not dissapointed to hear this. I have a copy of the base PSX game, though so it's not like I'm at a total loss. However I'd still like to try and find a way to play it via emulator as I'm very interested in War of the Lions' new dialogue and cut scenes.

However, I am willing to surrender back to the base game if that is my only option. May I ask how to use LIOS editor on the base game? I assume I'll need the PSX emulator for Android? Or will the emulator on my PC work? I'm not sure how to extract data from a virtual memory card. Thanks for your reply!  :(
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Nyzer

Using the LiOS Editor on the PSX would be like trying to mod a PC with the parts of an abacus. The LiOS Editor is a pathetic shadow, a pale copy of the tools that the PSX and even PSP versions can run with. Take a look around the site and see.

Speaking of the PSP version, I DID mention it earlier. The PSP version IS WotL, if that's the version you prefer. The PSX version is still much more moddable, but at least the PSP version isn't as bad to mod as the mobile ones.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown