• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:59:16 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

PSX Game freezes upon completing proposition?

Started by guruark, October 06, 2017, 10:48:52 am

guruark

Title says it all mostly. The only variances would be that I used a save from Gfaqs to start with Cloud in the party, and used an editor to change Limits. (Range, CT, MP cost) I wouldn't think either of these would have an effect, but I have no clue.

Tried using Peops soft 1.18 and Petes Open GL2 2.9, and didn't change. When I click report, my thief briefly appears at the top, but before any text appears the box disappears and the sound continues to play, with the background visible. Anyone have any ideas?
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

Was the unit already undergoing a proposition in the save?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

guruark

Nope, save i downloaded started with Cloud straight from the very first battle in Ch 1. Now I did alter the iso after having the save, but as far as the patcher goes all it does is automatically apply the codes to get the desired results, correct? Thus I'm confused how what I changed in the game could be effecting propositions.

I assume no one regularly has proposition problems when emulating via ePSXe? I hadn't played in forever, and the Cloud thing was a whim. I don't mind playing through again normally, so long as this won't happen again.

3lric

Quote from: guruark on October 06, 2017, 05:29:53 pm
Nope, save i downloaded started with Cloud straight from the very first battle in Ch 1. Now I did alter the iso after having the save, but as far as the patcher goes all it does is automatically apply the codes to get the desired results, correct? Thus I'm confused how what I changed in the game could be effecting propositions.

I assume no one regularly has proposition problems when emulating via ePSXe? I hadn't played in forever, and the Cloud thing was a whim. I don't mind playing through again normally, so long as this won't happen again.

Most of us don't use ePSXe. Try a different emulator or something and see if that fixes it and then report back (try pSX (aka psxfin))