• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Is there a way to export and import TRAP properly?

Started by Verdeni, July 08, 2017, 12:46:31 am

Verdeni

July 08, 2017, 12:46:31 am Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 05:05:54 am by Verdeni
So I thought I could edit the TRAP file in Shishi and just reimport it, but I guess it's not that simple?
Now all of the effects from said sheet have lost their transparency.
Does someone know where TRAP is located in the IMG so I can copy it from a vanilla one?
Or if anyone knows how to edit it properly and import it through Shishi that would also be fantastic. (:
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: V3rdeni

Verdeni

BUMP. Really hoping I can find a way to fix it without using a vanilla iso and reapplying everything manually.  :oops:

3lric

Quote from: Verdeni on July 08, 2017, 12:46:31 am
So I thought I could edit the TRAP file in Shishi and just reimport it, but I guess it's not that simple?
Now all of the effects from said sheet have lost their transparency.
Does someone know where TRAP is located in the IMG so I can copy it from a vanilla one?
Or if anyone knows how to edit it properly and import it through Shishi that would also be fantastic. (:

You didn't get an answer because you provided literally no information.

What did you do to the sheet?
What program did you edit it with?

Etc.

Chances are -you- did something that removed the transparency.

Verdeni

I was trying to edit the effect of Golem.
I already know I removed the transparency, But it seems as though it happened by simply exporting the file through Shishi? 
I used Graphics Gale to edit it, but didn't think that was important to mention because that definitely wasn't the cause.
I know that because I've tried opening it in GIMP and Photoshop and had no success getting it to reproduce with transparency.

I just wanna know if there's a clean way to rip the file right from the iso!
Because if so, then I can just grab it from a clean iso and import back into my modded one.
Or is there a program that can properly edit the file? That information could be handy too. ^^#

Xifanie

Golem is EFFECT\E069.BIN
You can replace it with cdmage or cdprog.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Verdeni

Naw, not the summon effect. Just the hand that shows up when it soaks damage.

Verdeni

Verdeni

Bump !

Should I assume no one knows hwo to help me fix this? :p

Satoh

Its a bit like trying to determine if you have cancer by asking someone on the internet about it.

You haven't provided enough information about what you did, and haven't provided the files after you altered them to diagnose.

And it may be that what you're asking is fundamentally the wrong question. It may not be possible to alter the 'hand' separate from the 'summon' in particular if they're the same file and graphics.

I don't mean any disrespect or rudeness, but the reason no one's given you an entire answer is very likely because you haven't 'asked an entire question' yet.

And I see some have already sort of said that.

I don't foresee anything pleasant happening by continually bumping a thread that's already at a loss for any way to help.

Try asking clearly, thoroughly, and exhaustively, exactly what you need, where you've looked, the tutorials you followed...

Assume you were writing a tutorial, to show other people how to arrive at the problem you have. If you do that, they should be able to at least get to where you are and maybe tell you something you didn't know, or point out a step you missed or something...

As for the hand itself... I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess maybe you mean this

If so, open up the game image in Shishi, and on the main tab scroll allllllll the way to the last entry in the dropdown box, that should say TRAP1.
Then just note the palettes it uses, and follow whatever steps you need to edit the image and preserve the palette information in the file when you save it.

If that step fails, you could then ask about that specifically, and maybe provide a file and explain what you did to edit the file...etc as I said before.

As for the original TRAP file. It appears to be contained in the same file as WEP.SPR... as in WEP.SPR contains TRAP as well as other things.

Mime

Sorry if I am doing a Necropost but I am totally clueless whether to start a new thread or not  :shock:
If I should create a new post do let me know and I would be happy to do so...

So I am with Verdeni and like him I assume that the transparency for the Golem hand and some other things (summoning, jump into water, teleport, hitting target) seemed to be missing. What I am doing is simply exporting the BMP of TRAP1 from shishi > edit them with Graphics Gale > import it back to an original iso via shishi.

The golem hand that I was talking about attached (so not the golem effect animation that descending from the sky but instead the one that came out from the ground to take the damage).
I am 100% sure that I am using an original iso and I did not mess up with anything apart from what I mentioned above.
I have provided the screenshot that I was talking about including my TRAP1 file from shishi.

Let me know if you need any further information like my iso (where should I upload it etc).

Thanks in advance!  :D

PS: Yes I am trying to make a Kawarimi/Mokuton (body replacement technique) for my ninja.
Agrias: Tentacle... what a sad word...

Mime

I think there is a problem with the exporting/importing bmp in Shishi (I am using the one from FFPatcher Suite ver 0.492).

So what I am testing now:

1. Export the bmp of an original iso via shishi
2. Check the transparency in-game (still working fine)
3. Import the bmp back to the iso via shishi (note that the bmp file here is not edited. it is the same one being exported on the first place).
4. The transparency now got messed up.

Help please?
Agrias: Tentacle... what a sad word...

Xifanie

I'm honestly not quite sure how the transparency works... I know some tools can enable it, black as transparent, but not for bmp files. Shishi would need to be updated to fix that bug. Pretty much the only way to fix this would be through hex editing, and I personally don't know what changes would have to be made. If you're adventurous, you could try comparing the hex data of the file on the ISO before and after the bmp was imported.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful