• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:31:29 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Several Ability Questions

Started by Ansehelm, June 22, 2017, 03:04:11 pm

Ansehelm

June 22, 2017, 03:04:11 pm Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 04:21:23 pm by Ansehelm
Hey y'all, making some abilities for my mod, and I was wondering how several things can be accomplished:
-Make a damage ability that can only be used in critical, similar to fft 1.3's defy ability, but with offensive capabilities
-Make an ability that targets the caster and enemies, but not other allies, and/or KO's the caster only while dealing damage
to enemies
-I want to make an ability with the grand cross graphic that removes debuffs from allies, but I haven't been able to get it working - is the graphic hardcoded in such a way that this doesn't work?
-Make an ability that damages or KOs only units with a certaim status (e.g sleep)

I'm also experimenting with having one enemy unit crystallized/treasured at the beginning of battles in a hard-to-reach area -(by having that job class have innate crystal/treasure). The crystal works decently, but the rotation is wonky, and the treasure chest looks like a discolored chicken.  I'll experiment with scrapping the sprite for that unit, but was wondering if anyone had insight into this
Thanks
  • Modding version: PSX