• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:58:22 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

COP sprites discussion

Started by Kokojo, April 15, 2009, 12:34:23 am

Kokojo

It's mostly because he looks darker or lighter than other sprites in-screen.

http://img6.imageshack.us/i/epsxe2009032217515265.png/

This can show how he's affected by light.
Also, his style, being a Hero of justice and all, seems a bit dark, althought it fits the rebel part.
I would more see him with whiter tones, kinda like Weigraf, more shiny and positive than a dark and green set.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

SilvasRuin

Hm.  Sounds like the thing to do is change the palette then.  Ugh, I haven't figured out how to use the tools I've got for palette editing yet (without just doing it manually), but maybe I can take a look at some options.

jimmyjw88

Hmm...Let's see if palettes will make it better.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

I can make it more justice-like if you want, lighter armor, and do you want other color of cape?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

Wow, it looks like there are some serious issues with how the palette is being loaded...Zozma's color choices aren't even showing up properly in that image. I would have suspected that Zozma made the color choices on his own, but they're multiples of 8 and everything...

I'll pull out Zodiac's program when I get back and take a crack at a new palette.

SilvasRuin

Zodiac has a program for palette editing?  Where?

Kagebunji

Yeah he did one, but I cannot remember where it is, Mav link us plz.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

Sure thing, guys. Here it is. It's a wonderful little program that streamlines the palette editing and creation process. It's still in its infancy, I believe, but I've gotten very used to it.

I haven't gotten to this sprite's palette yet, but it's definitely on my list of things to do.

Kokojo

Mmm, I havent messed with the palette editor yet.

Darth made some art for me.

I kinda like it, but, I don't want gospel to be all in a robe. His face does look more determined and the goatee is gone (It is now manly.)

I guess a 3/4 Cape would be the best.

jimmyjw88

Ooo...That's very nice. I kinda like it.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

jimmyjw88

Hmm...Let's see....Cape...Summoner definitely too much but the idea of it should fit...well, the picture at least. Erm...Something like Blansch or Karsten?
For head...Short hair?
What about outfit? The cape is blocking. So I'm not sure what outfit you prefer.
I may give it a try ^^

mav

You may be able to use Zalbag's head for the sprite, Blansch's cape, and maybe the Warrior Male's body.

jimmyjw88

Is he armored?

EDIT: Something like this?

Kokojo

Hooo, this seems very interesting, I like the choice of colors (He is shiny and feels new!). The only thing that would be better on him his be the hair/face, as it makes him look like at an child, or very young. We could borrow Karsten's face, or perhaps any other FFT adult caracther. And also, yes, he's armored.

You'll excuse me of I can't make an example, I've got to go to school, so Il try when I come back.

DarthPaul

I'm gonna work on a generic pose, to show what I think. Light armor was my though. Since he is the main character a neutral looks would be better in my opinion. I'll have it to you in a week or so Koko.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

mav

I'm not a fan of the hair, but that's certainly an interesting sprite.

jimmyjw88

Well, I just roughly follow the artwork for the hair. ^^

mav

I can see that, but it just needs some tweaking. Steal Zalbag's hair, recolor it, and be on your way. Though you may also want to rework the cape a little bit too, if you can: the black on the arms (under the cape) looks really strange. I like the sprite though--he kind of reminds me of the Rangers in the Lord of the Rings series...

jimmyjw88

Alright. Well, for the arms, I figured the cape covered most of the arms and its the least area that expose to the light, so black; but I can see what you mean. It looks weird.

Kokojo

I believe his cape and shoulders make him look like that, a bit Childish (or small) in comparison to other sprites. Or perhaps it is the light on the armor ?

I believe an hair change and perhaps a rehaul of the sprite's cape could help very much. I have to say I really like it thought, it fells unique and Heroic (as in, it seems like a hero). Very good job, Jimmy ! You are an awesome spriter.