• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:04:55 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

COP sprites discussion

Started by Kokojo, April 15, 2009, 12:34:23 am

jimmyjw88

Well, the beard is from Karsten actually.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

jimmyjw88

Update*

The back cape (hood) looks bouncy. It's from Summoner but I think I'll change that.

EDIT: Update* ~ Changed the back cape.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kokojo

Ohhh, nice, Jimmy ! The only point I can see that could be better would be the 4-5 extra grey pixels at the left of his eyes in the fourth frame.

Otherwise, Excellent, just as I dreamed :P
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Kagebunji

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Cheetah

The color scheme for this guy is very nice. A few things though. On the first frame his right foot has some wierd grey blob. On the last frame his chest gets oddly shaded, like extra dark. It really stands out in the animation.
Current Projects:

SilvasRuin

Yeah, I think the armor shading might actually be backwards.  It would be darker at that area when the arm is obscuring it from the light source, not when the arm is completely out of the way.

mav

Looks good, but take a look at what Cheetah and Silvas mentioned. This is a really cool looking character--I'll see if I can make a decent portrait for him.

mav

Gospel portrait WIP:
[attachment=0:1y2cr5ju]WIP.png[/attachment:1y2cr5ju]
He needs a body, and for whatever reason the eyes look really strange on the 1x view. Maybe they're too low or something...or maybe it's the goatee that's throwing everything off balance? Anyways, criticism/suggestions are welcome.

jimmyjw88

Wait...Why did I made the armor move opposite??? I thought I did it correctly?? What the hell?? Oh my.......I'm so sorry for such silly mistake. I don't know what happened. I think I went blurred. -.-'
Anyway, I'll fix the armor and leg; and those pixels. Thanks guys.
For the back cape, which do you guys prefer?

Very nice portrait there, mav. Interesting.

SilvasRuin

Actually I'm wondering if switching which walking poses or arms go where, it might just fix the hood bouncing too.  I'd like to see what it looks like when you reverse one of them.

jimmyjw88

I think I'll add some pixels to the hood because it looks like flying now. Also, by reverse, you mean from bottom (first frame) to top (fifth frame)? I can do that.

SilvasRuin

By "one of them" I meant either the set of bodies or the set of arms.  But yes, reversing the order.

jimmyjw88

Alright; fixed the armor, the leg, add a few pixels to the hood and reverse order.

Update*

For the portrait, is his right eye a pixel small?

mav

The sprite looks good to me. As far as the portrait's eyes go, I don't know. I'm probably going to replace the eyes and eyebrows anyways. But, at least now he has a body:

Kokojo

I like both, Jimmy. And I don't spot any gigantic error.

As for the portrait, I won't hide something is tickling me... I think it's the hair ; Can you try adding just a little bit ? 1-2 pixels :D
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

SilvasRuin

Adding a couple pixels where?  You're rather unspecific.

It looks like a leather shoulder pad being strapped there.  He could do without that, but it doesn't ruin the portrait for me.

The sprite looks perfect to me now.  The hood is matching up with the movement of the cape and shoulders, the shading of the armor matches the movement of the arms.  I see no problems.  (For the record, I'm referring to that second one.)

EDIT:  Ah, one problem.  On HIS right, the part of the armor over his leg moves.  On HIS left, it doesn't.  This is inconsistent.  Make either HIS left move with his leg or make HIS right not move and just stay high enough to allow his leg complete movement.

mav

Heh, where should I add the pixels to? Top (which I have to do anyways), left, right, back? I decided to give him clothes a little closer to what the sprite looks like; lemme know if it looks strange.

jimmyjw88

Added pixels ~ If you compare with the previous one, you'll see that there's no more small hood floating.

Quote from: "SilvasRuin"On HIS right, the part of the armor over his leg moves. On HIS left, it doesn't. This is inconsistent. Make either HIS left move with his leg or make HIS right not move and just stay high enough to allow his leg complete movement.
Hmm...Meaning that waist plate should shown lesser for the left, like the right?

The portrait looks good ^^

SilvasRuin

Sorry, I meant Kokojo was unspecific of where the pixels should be added.

I don't mean it should be shone less.  I mean either his right shouldn't move or his left should.  As it is, the armor above his right leg moves far more than the armor above the other leg.  In my opinion, what should be done is take that bit of armor as it is on the frame in which his right leg is the farthest forward and then position the armor like that for all the frames regardless of the position of the leg.

Cheetah

Jimmy the forward walking animation is looking much improved.

Mav I think that you had the right direction with the portrait before, you just needed to give his cloths a bit more substance. I'm not a fan of the big puffy hood. His goattee (spelling?, I have one I should know) needs a little work on his right side, it isn't fading out quite right and is looking a bit blobby. Trading out the eyes would be nice. Maybe making him a bit older appearing? Oh and a bit of length to his hair in the back could be a nice touch, just a tad though so that it would still fit with the sprite. Sorry just some random thoughts of giving it a bit more character.
Current Projects: