• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:45:13 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFTEVGRP - Access greyed out palette options?

Started by BigManStan, March 25, 2016, 04:42:01 pm

BigManStan

Hi,

I was interested in adding a 3rd palette to the Demon sprite.  FFTEVGRP only lets me edit the first 2 palettes of the Demon sprite though- is it possible to alter the 3rd if it is greyed out?

Note I have used Shishi to add the 3rd palette and make it work properly in battle - I am trying to fix up the formation and menu screens.

3lric

Nah, you can't do that in EVGRP, since vanilla only has 2 forms of the demons they didn't set it up to use 3 formation sprites like a normal monster would. I believe the Apandas suffer from that as well
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

The palette space is limited just like the sprite space... Reorganizing the palettes is possible, but it would require some hex editing and lots of "knowing what you're doing". But that would also mean you'd have to sacrifice a palette somewhere else because I'm pretty sure 100% of the palette space in vanilla is used.

It would also be completely incompatible with FFTEVGRP as far as I can tell.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful