• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:05:48 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

A simple first question in my first post

Started by yankeeweb, March 20, 2016, 02:38:02 pm

yankeeweb

How to make disappear automatically the ability qoutes? :roll:
I mean as in the Japanese version for the PSX ;)

I need your help because I did not find the way to do it .

It is annoying to have to repeatedly touch the circle button :cry:

Xifanie

A) If you are truly playing the Japanese version, ability quote boxes go away on their own... in fact, you can't even make it faster by pressing circle.
B) There is an option called "8 Show effect message". IIRC, this is the one that if you turn off, it makes all ability quotes go away as well.

Well, I misunderstood your post...

There used to be something I made called "SPELL.MES fix" (SPELL.MES being the file holding the ability quotes) which I took down because some text bugs were reported. Mind you, this was done through hex editing 8 years ago, but I still didn't want people to keep using it. I decided to say: "screw it" and start working on a new one; a version with improved English, with proper spell names and all the Japanese delays and auto-close. My wife and I are working on it, but there is some really bad English in there, so I can't say how soon we'll be able to release it.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

yankeeweb

Thanks for the reply Xifanie

I'm playing the US version , so I would like to modify it to make it as JAP .