• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:48:14 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Hello I am new, a question

Started by Forced_Fruition, February 14, 2016, 07:52:31 pm

Forced_Fruition

Hi so before I start I'm completely new to this but I'm going to attempt to learn as I go and toy around with stuff.

Do the Complete Patch from Cheetah and Iso extension patch from Xifanie conflict at all?

The complete patch says its intended to be used as a base for projects so I'm inclined to say it does work with it, but I'd still like verification that its not going to mess something up down the line.

Thanks in advance

Angel

FFT: Complete never really reached the point of being ideal as a base, as aside from various aspects being incomplete or broken, its biggest touted feature (WotL text) was only finished up to chapter 2*. This lack of cohesion makes it undesirable to use for a new project unless your aim is to pick up where Cheetah left off (and you'll likely encounter issues with TacText if that is your goal). FFT: The Lion War was intended to rectify the lack of a definitive base patch, but is not yet suited for release. At the moment, the best to work off of as a base is still the untouched PlayStation version.

*Edit: I gathered this from the info thread with all of the original patches attached. It has been brought to my attention that there is a .50 version posted here that is in a better state. While still not ideal, it is better than my description of the project above, and I apologize if my assessment came off as defamatory.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Forced_Fruition

Ah I see, thanks for that. Time to re-rip then since I already patched that on, But no that's not what I was gonna do I just wanted to mess with the enemy's stuff like giving the unarmed Archer in Dorter a Bow for example. Nothing Really complicated I think.

I still don't understand enough to do something like 1.3 or finish what Cheetah started. I don't even know if I want to mess with growth rates or anything the closest thing I might do there is give innate abilities to monsters so they're worth something

Maybe innate monster tongue to Dryads or whatever. If I did this would it effect the Dryad itself?

If i mess with equips at all it be adding mild status ailments to crossbows like oil or don't move and equalizing there attacks to 4 on all of them.

In that case I can just clone the poison crossbow and change the effect right?

Forced_Fruition

Seems easier to use than I expected I think i'm good for the most part

Forced_Fruition

Sorry if the following are stupid questions or have been asked before.

1.Can I add new weapons/items or am I limited to editing the ones that already exist? I figured out how to change the properties/name of things that do exist but was unable to locate a way to create new items.

The following assumes I can only edit and not create

2. Lets say I wanted to make it so I could throw a knife, is it possible to make it so I can attack with it normally, but when the target is 2 or 3 tiles away throw it like you would with the throw command and follow the same damage formula as when attacking the tile directly in front of you?

Example: I want to change the Mythril Knife to have a range of 3 that fires in a line like a crossbow/gun and does not arc. I want it to inflict poison and reduce it's power by 1. I also want it to be able to target the tiles a knife can normally even if it still uses the animation of throwing it. Is this possible?

more in depth, is it possible to make the item remove itself from my inventory when I throw it but not when attack the tile immediately in front of me. I'm thinking I can't do this but would still like confirmation.

I'm mostly just trying to make a vanilla mod so I kind of doubt I can do most of this, but if it is possible could someone point me in the right direction or link me to an appropriate tutorial? Thanks for your time.

Jumza

You can't create new space but you can change item types so that you have more of a certain type. Like, removing all Bags and changing them to Axes. There's a bit of a process to achieve this and get it bug free, but there's a topic around here somewhere that explains it. You should be able to find it with a quick search, if not I could find it for you.

You can move weapon range into higher numbers but you can't change the animation dependent on the range of the attack without some ASM work. It'll just look like a slash from far away.

Same as before, without ASM work (which can be tough) you couldn't have it be thrown and removed if attacking from more than one tile away.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Forced_Fruition

Yeah that's more or less what I thought, I did expect to be able to at least make it look like I ninja threw the knife instead a distance slash, just that it would always do the throw animation.

If I did what you said would those axes be gender locked?

I assume I can at least change an ability in chemists skill set to be throw knife but would that actually work without the throw skill set equipped? if not then there isn't any point in doing it since throw already has it.

Jumza

Yeah, you'd have to sacrifice an item slot to be able to change one of the chemist abilities to throw knife as far as I know... Not ideal at all. I'd stick with Throw.

I believe that in the FFTP you can set all jobs to be able to equip bags by checking the box, or you could find Ravens workbooks and do the small bit of excel work to remove the genderlocking. You could just use the FFTP though because you can also say all jobs can equip stuff like perfumes too.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Forced_Fruition

So just changing say holy water to throw knife is enough to be able to throw knives then?

I was unsure since normally you select the command throw first which chemist wouldn't have but if having throw knife instead of holy water adds throw from inside the item list it works?

Jumza

No :/ I meant like, if you could create items that did damage in the same way that potions heal, but that's not easy without ASM. Sorry, don't mean to mislead you :P I would really just stick with throwing knives with ninja's for now

Forced_Fruition

Ok now I just want to type this out so I can make sure I understand this and if I have any of this wrong please correct me.

I took Croakadile bag and changed it to the following

Pallet: 0 - makes it the color of a dagger
Graphic: 1 - make it look like a dagger
Level: 1 - enemy's can have this equipped starting at level 1
item type: Knife - anything with knife access at the level 1 can have this equipped
item attribute: 0 - makes no changes to unit status when equipped
Price: 200 - item cost 200 gil in stores.

Checked Weapon: can only be worn in the weapon slot and does not prevent me from equipping things in other slots.

Second table: 73 h - don't know what this means but it corresponds to the item number so I'm assuming I should leave it at 73 so the game doesn't think I have 2 items in the same place.

Unknown 1 and 2: 0 h - not sure but presumably this is range and vertical tolerance? is 0 in both going to make it so it can't target anything or will it use the standard of 1 tile away with no vertical tolerance?

Range: 1 - this is why I'm not sure of the previous unknowns but this would give it a range of 1

Unknown: FF h - Default setting for both Dagger and the bag, don't know what this does

weapon power: 1 - weapon has 1 power

Formula: 01 DMG_[weapon] PE - Use the default damage formula of the selected item type, in this case knife giving me:
damage = [(PA + Sp) / 2] * WP      XA = [(PA + Sp) / 2] as the formula for this item.

or is this setting the formula to something other then the default for the selected weapon type?

Evade: 10% - weapon evade is 10%

inflict Status/cast spell: 62h - all or nothing - slow
Causes all status ailments checked in this case only slow to be inflicted at a 100% rate.

Were I to add a check to say poison it would inflict both at 100% rate but if the enemy is immune to either ailment then both ailments fail even if its vulnerable to the other ailment.

Striking: is a striking type weapon, only push the enemy on critical hit
Throwable: can be thrown by Ninjas command: throw

So if all is as I think it is

I have a knife named Croakadile Bag that looks and behaves like a dagger with 1 power, it inflicts slow always provided no immunity and can be thrown by the ninja command throw. It can not be used with 2 Swords or 2 Hands and is a 1 handed weapon. it does weapon elemental damage of which i have nothing checked

Does this check out or have I misunderstood things somewhere?

Forced_Fruition

February 17, 2016, 04:30:40 am #11 Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:41:27 am by Forced_Fruition
Man I've been here for like 2 days and I'm already triple posting.

In the abilities tab 0000 attack is the first entry.

Is this really for just the normal weapon attack or is it just dummy data because its default settings don't make sense if it really is attack that i'm editing here.

You can't target yourself with attack normally for instance, and it's effect description is crashes game (what? it's like the applications going out of its way to be ambiguous in places) the formula is 0D Heal_(Y)% Hit_F(MA+X)% NE which makes no sense what so ever if all i'm telling the unit to do is attack.

Sorry if I'm asking to many questions but some of this stuff is easy and other parts I just stare at for 10 minutes and still can't interpret.

Edit: wasn't aware I could edit indefinitely and I can't delete them it seems so let that one slide please

3lric

Triple posting (or double posting) is not allowed within 24 hours. We have an edit button for a reason. Use it.

Jumza

I honestly have no idea what the 0000 slot is for. I'm pretty sure it can't be used and I don't think editing it will effect attack. Don't quote me on that though because I've never personally messed around with it :P

Anyway, for changing weapons something to note is that you have to change every weapon of a certain type to another for it to work, IE you can't change one bag to a Harp and another into a Dagger. I found the guide, try following it! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10394.msg197706#msg197706 This won't work if you're trying to edit the PSP version though.

Forced_Fruition

February 17, 2016, 02:08:10 pm #14 Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 09:49:52 pm by Forced_Fruition
Thanks i'll give it a read, since you never messed with that i'll assume it isn't dangerous to ignore then.

Yeah I had no idea about the weapon formula bug with changing it in fftpatcher. Good thing I haven't gotten into items yet :)

ok, so in the inflict status tab the is a box labeled charging. If I were to check this for throw stone that would just cancel the casting of spells,etc. correct?  I think so but I don't actually want to do it, I just want to know what it is.

Also do multiple elements on a single ability function and if yes how would it play out.