• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:57:45 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

fft patcher EXP innate ability

Started by mcabel, January 26, 2016, 04:15:26 pm

mcabel

January 26, 2016, 04:15:26 pm Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 09:01:51 pm by mcabel
what is the EXP innate ability in fftpatcher job tab? would it allow a job like onion knight to gain exp?

EDIT - considering the group of abilities where "EXP" is grouped, I think "EXP" is the Calculator's "exp" ability. Still the second part of the question stands:

if not, is there any way to make onion knights gain exp in game with cheats or fftpatcher?

Raijinili

Pretty sure it's hard-coded. Might be something like, "If character is an Onion Knight, XP = 0."

You'll have to ASM hack it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Angel

• Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Raijinili

"(if P then Q) and (not P)" is a tautology.

Angel

Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

mcabel

I see, that's too bad... anyway, I compromised and added the onion knight "innate move xp-up", changed natural movement from 4 to 7, and gave it "plunderXP"(requires 0 jp) and that did the trick.  With those, plus innate treasure hunter + catch + poach+chant, It was fun to raise Ramza from lv 1-99, and felt onion knight was a fun "adventure-misc-support" character~

Nyzer

You can also set Onion Knights' skillset type to Monster and they'll automatically know the first three abilities of their Job (four, if you make them stand next to a Beastmaster). It can be a little buggy (for example: they'll know the abilities before Learning them, and Learning them won't do a thing), but it's an interesting thing to do for them.

Otherwise, if you try to set them to a Normal skillset type, they'll only know the abilities that correspond with whatever skill slots they've learned from their base job (i.e. squire).