• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:50:29 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

How does items that have strengthen really work?

Started by Rev4nd, July 14, 2015, 02:18:20 pm

Rev4nd

I have been looking at the items in the master guide and have seen items that have strengthen on them like the fire rod that strengthen fire but how much?

Shintroy

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8202.0;attach=14590

I believe weakness = 2x damage and strengthen = 1.25% damage. Try out the team design doc in the link above for an easy way to calculate other things besides damage like spell hit rates, compatibility percentages, brave and faith influence and more.
Some day my people will be free.

Rev4nd

Thanks! Going to have some fun making my team. BTW what thread should I post my team when I am done with it because I want some feedback.

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Gaignun

Strengthen increases the primary stat of a formula by 5/4.  The trailing decimal is truncated after multiplication.

E.g.
A unit with 13 MA wields a Fire Rod with fire strengthening.
The Fire Rod has 8 WP.

Melee damage is:

WP * MA
= 8 * [13 * 5/4]
= 128

If Fire 2 procs, its damage is:

10 * MA
= 10 * [13 * 5/4]
= 160

The spreadsheet Shintroy links calculates these numbers for you.

Rev4nd

Thanks Gaignum I did some testing and figured the melee dmg formula but did not know about the proc formula. I did some testing yesterday with the rods with the team that I posted yesterday and all the damage makes sense now its pretty accurate. Does the spreadsheet tells the proc damage? If yes where does it shows it because I only saw the melee.

Shintroy

Use your weapon user's status and the proc effect formula to calculate damage. For example 12 MA Scholar with an Ultima Weapon has a 108 damage ultima proc. And yes, the spread sheet can calculate it. Use the simulation tab at the bottom and select the appropriate proc ability. It shows damage for brave and faith 70-40 and you can even test out things like magic damage on a 40 faith, flash hat and white robe, magic defend up, shelled unit.
Some day my people will be free.

Gaignun

Unfortunately, the spreadsheet does not display the melee damage and proc damage at the same time.  I am trying to create a more comprehensive weapon damage calculator for the next version, but I still need to iron out a few kinks before releasing it.

Reks

Quote from: Gaignun on July 15, 2015, 04:48:51 pm
Unfortunately, the spreadsheet does not display the melee damage and proc damage at the same time.  I am trying to create a more comprehensive weapon damage calculator for the next version, but I still need to iron out a few kinks before releasing it.

Speaking of which, that reminded me of something I was curious about when making teams earlier, and this might as well be the appropriate place to ask.

Basically, in regards to Overwhelm and Attack UP and the like, I'm more curious to know what those effect that the other does not.

IE: I know Overwhelm boosts Jump where Attack UP does not, but I'm curious what else it effects that Attack UP doesn't. Similar with Magic Attack UP.

EDIT: And in the sole case of Samurai with Attack UP and Two-Handing some weapon, which is applied first: The Two Hands Boost, or the Attack UP 1.33 boost? Or does that matter at all? Calculated that, same either way
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Gaignun

July 15, 2015, 05:47:15 pm #11 Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 05:54:02 pm by Gaignun
Quote from: Reks on July 15, 2015, 04:54:58 pmBasically, in regards to Overwhelm and Attack UP and the like, I'm more curious to know what those effect that the other does not.

Overwhelm and Unyielding are like elemental weakness: They modify the healing/damage value after the formula is evaluated.  Healing and damage of all forms, including Jump, is modified.  I believe FFMaster implemented these support abilities, so he would be able to confirm.

Conversely, Attack UP, Defend UP, and so on modify the primary stat before the formula is evaluated.  Furthermore, these support abilities are applicable to only a subset of skills.  Certain skills in FFTArena are insensitive to stat modifiers.  To the best of my knowledge, these skills are:

Talk skills
※Song skills
※Dance skills
Steal Heart
Jump
Murasame

(※ These skills are also insensitive to zodiac compatibility.)

Since the "UPs" modify the primary stat, they will also weakly influence status formulae like Yin Yang Magic, whereas Overwhelm/Unyielding have no effect.

I hope this helps.

Reks

Quote from: Gaignun on July 15, 2015, 05:47:15 pm
Overwhelm and Unyielding are like elemental weakness: They modify the healing/damage value after the formula is evaluated.  Healing and damage of all forms, including Jump, is modified.  I believe FFMaster implemented these support abilities, so he would be able to confirm.

Conversely, Attack UP, Defend UP, and so on modify the primary stat before the formula is evaluated.  Furthermore, these support abilities are applicable to only a subset of skills.  Certain skills in FFTArena are insensitive to stat modifiers.  To the best of my knowledge, these skills are:

Talk skills
※Song skills
※Dance skills
Steal Heart
Jump
Murasame

(※ These skills are also insensitive to zodiac compatibility.)

Since the "UPs" modify the primary stat, they will also weakly influence status formulae like Yin Yang Magic, whereas Overwhelm/Unyielding have no effect.

I hope this helps.

Oh, it does greatly. Thank you!
  • Discord username: Reks#0128