• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:22:13 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Job Changes + New Jobs

Started by Zozma, February 07, 2009, 12:23:40 pm

Zozma

September 13, 2009, 02:34:39 pm #100 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
hehe, well the sprite is like 97% complete i just have to re-cut the updated water animations and its done but i cant submit it because i still have to wait 1 more day to get internet back up at home >:/ lol

ah well, shell be available for anyone soon
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

jimmyjw88

September 13, 2009, 11:28:44 pm #101 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Ah...nice ^^
Wow...internet breakdown for quite awhile?

EDIT: I've read through all the posts and I have to say, I can't wait for this to release ^^
They're amazing! All the jobs, skills...they are making me anxious for this. Haha. And we get to use Balmafula ^^
However, I've got a question...
Quote from: "Zozma"Miluda

Job: Cross Knight

Skillset: Cross Sword

Venom Blade - Damage + 100% Poison
Moon Scraper - Damage + 100% Sleep
Delta Petra - Damage + 25% Petrify
Stasis Sword (Obtainable as blue magic only)
Night Sword (Obtainable as blue magic only)
Obtainable as blue magic...Meaning you have to be a bluemage to obtain this skill?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

September 14, 2009, 07:21:29 am #102 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
I think it means you need to be hit by it to get the skill to learn it, a la Ramza's Ultima skill or Zodiac/Zodiark.

Zozma

September 14, 2009, 07:24:19 am #103 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
Exactly.

I created duplicate versions of Stasis Sword and Night Sword that can be obtained late in the game (Deep Dungeon) by being hit with them

Basically you have to be lucky and get hit by one of those by certain generic dark and holy knights. its Chapter 4 stuff

jimmyjw88

September 14, 2009, 11:46:41 am #104 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Ah, I see. That's interesting way to learn skills. Nice one. I still remember getting the Zodiac...Die and die and DIEEEE =.=
Lol. Alright. Thanks. Ohya, about Ignis, you mentioned that the skills are going to cost mp instead of breaking katana/sword, so just wondering, will she have the casting animation holding the katana when use the skill, like generic samurai?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Zozma

September 14, 2009, 12:23:21 pm #105 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
It will probably be raising her arms like the spell casting

that or a motion kind of like when the assassins cast shadow stitch

but yea you do not see any swords drawn out at all. its like casting a spell so ill probably stick with the raised arms motion (draw out is pretty much this motion but with a sword in the held up hands

jimmyjw88

September 14, 2009, 09:59:59 pm #106 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Yea. But it looks cool, holding up a sword to cast a spell ^^

Zozma

September 14, 2009, 10:09:04 pm #107 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
thats not just Ignis skillset, it also is shared with Elmdor as "Sword Spirit"

Wasabi

September 17, 2009, 04:36:39 pm #108 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Wasabi
Something came to me when I was thinking what would be a great Draw Out animation, particularly for the characters Ignis and Elmdor. I was thinking "Muramasa," but was slightly inspired by the "Bizen Boat" screenshot with her kneeling down. Instead of using the usual "fireflies and ghouls" animation for that's characteristic of Muramasa, how about the floating-feather animation that's used after the Fairy summon? Except retouch the background to be in a darker red (hopefully keeping the feathers the same light pink), with an additional attack animation like the Ashura-slashing effect? It would be a suitable animation for a swordskill that can only be learned Blue-Mage style. :)

Zozma

September 17, 2009, 04:40:31 pm #109 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
unfortunately we dont have the capability to change background color and the like. our ability to edit effect files is extremely limited...

Wasabi

September 17, 2009, 04:49:50 pm #110 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Wasabi
Understood. I just read that there has been extensive progress of removing the Summon portrait in summon animations, and thought that the Fairy Summon would be ideal for the Muramasa Sword Spirit skill.

Zozma

September 17, 2009, 04:54:42 pm #111 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
well certain summons look odd without it

things like Silf because the focus goes off center as if something is supposed to be there. Fairy is kind of like that unfortunately

Zozma

btw, should the project finish, Tamara and Aeris will no longer be recruitable at any point.

there are 2 or 3 secret characters if certain conditions are met, however it does not include either of these units.

Kagebunji

I'm glad to see you are workin on it again, I still have that .ppf you send me to test, hehe

GeneralStrife

Zozma

im back, but working on battle setups only, setup the way they would be to match the story changes.

Cheetah

Current Projects:

Zozma

i just want u to know tho,

i did my test run of my patch with celia and lede in my party from the beginning and it was still very hard without training.
imagine having to do it with only your normal characters available.. cause thats how it will be

Another thing to note:
The blue mage job AND the ability to recruit monsters is currently on hold as well

Also, the secret characters are:

Gafgarion - Choose not to save boco and gaffy will join  you upon death at the gate of lionel (not implimented)
Monica - Choose to kill Miluda over recruiting her and Monica will join at Murond (not implimented)
Tamara - (IF i can get someone to make a more professional portrait for her as she is supposed to be cute not look like a drag queen lol) (Tamara has absolutely no story in my patch thusfar and might end up only as a random in DD)
-------
I am thinking of changing Mystic Knight, Alicia's Blue magic skill from "Omegaflare" (Flare2) to
"Nanoflare" as a sword strike skill instead and giving Omegaflare to one of the other jobs and it appears that Ovelia would be the best candidate actually but would then lose Ultima(2)... Thoughts?
----------

Aliste:
Aliste is a recruitable character you get at the place you normally get beowulf, however, Im trying to decide what kind of skillset to give him. Most likely the same set as Alicia (Destroy Sword) since he and beowulf were spellblades, but i havent decided yet... any ideas?

GeneralStrife

I've seen the sprite, he looks like beowulfs evil twin brother. Or is he another temple knight?

Zozma

Yep thats who he is, however, the temple knight skills do NOT exist in my patch