• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:57:37 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

UWEntries: Change which base jobs point to which unit.bin/wldface.bin entries

Started by Glain, October 02, 2011, 11:50:13 am

Glain

Yep, agreed.  I've always found ePSXe to have weird, inconsistent audio, even when playing unmodified FFT.

In addition, this patch doesn't change anything that should affect battles or cutscenes.  The only affected files are WORLD.BIN (world map, formation screen, etc.), ATTACK.OUT (pre-battle), and REQUIRE.OUT (post-battle).  The ATTACK.OUT one could only affect battles/cutscenes if the data was copied somewhere into SCUS/BATTLE data during runtime and I don't think it is.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

MerlinRST

Excellent job! It helped me to get new characters - and by the way, to put Altima (First form) as an ally, using some random Unit to not get so weird in the team formation (crazy).
It may seem strange to make Altima an ally, but I really wanted a character with that teleport style, not to mention that her sprite is very well made and worth being used for good (even if it's your own benefit). Obviously I will adjust it so that it doesn't completely break the game, like changing Teleport 2 to Teleport 1, and base status.
I'm not creating a complete MOD because I still haven't learned to use the event editing tools and others, so I'm modifying small things just for my own use, until I learn to create a mod worthy of being shown here. But it will take a long time because I don't understand about it. Anyway, congratulations on the brilliant idea. And thank you!
  • Modding version: PSX
Merlin was here! ;)
  • Discord username: Harley Quinn#0534

3lric

Quote from: MerlinRST on November 12, 2022, 11:18:10 amExcellent job! It helped me to get new characters - and by the way, to put Altima (First form) as an ally, using some random Unit to not get so weird in the team formation (crazy).
It may seem strange to make Altima an ally, but I really wanted a character with that teleport style, not to mention that her sprite is very well made and worth being used for good (even if it's your own benefit). Obviously I will adjust it so that it doesn't completely break the game, like changing Teleport 2 to Teleport 1, and base status.
I'm not creating a complete MOD because I still haven't learned to use the event editing tools and others, so I'm modifying small things just for my own use, until I learn to create a mod worthy of being shown here. But it will take a long time because I don't understand about it. Anyway, congratulations on the brilliant idea. And thank you!

UWEntries is no longer needed as the functionality was eventually built into FFTP

MerlinRST

Oh sure, sorry. Maybe it slipped my mind while I was reviewing the tools, I'll check
Merlin was here! ;)
  • Discord username: Harley Quinn#0534