• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:52:42 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Koruten's Sprites

Started by Koruten, May 19, 2012, 12:58:17 pm

Koruten

Hey guys. I've really gotten into spriting, so I need some criticism. So far, I've only made part of me.

I'm making it off of the Zodiac sprite. Coments please.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Taichii

as i have said on irc...
making the background black would be better for the eyes..
the back frames arent completely recolored yet :D
and the damaged frame has the hair on the right instead of the left..
and on the portrait... remove the outlines of the t-shirt collar.. make it into a darker color from the collar and shade
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Jon

It looks like you're recoloring all the gray clothing (shirt + jacket, shoes) one by one. Why not download and use Zodiac's Palette Editor? You could then get those grays changed in one clean sweep to dark teal in about 10 seconds. Good luck!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Koruten

Koruten

The Marche sprite off of the main site's sprite database is messed up and some places, and I decided to fix those mistakes. Here you guys go.

Koruten

Finished.

Kagebunji

This needs to be fixed, heavilly. And since critting is too hard given the amount of stuff to do, here are fixes I did.

Koruten

Um. That's looking great Kagebunji, I love the hair but, he isn't suppost to be wearing a jacket, he's wearing a shirt.

Eternal

I'm no spriter, but the two blues on the original seem to clash with each other. That'd be a start, I think.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kagebunji

Bare chest just makes him much more badass. Well, you can always change it back to a shirt, but it will most likely be flat. Also, you need to work more on the portrait, cause shirt is totally flat, and those dark outlines just add in to the effect. Well, I wanted to use this fix for something of my own, but yoy can feel free to use it.

Koruten

Thanks Kagebunki. I'll be sure to use it.

Koruten

Using Kagebunji's Sprite, I finished the sheet. Unfortunatly, the image apears like crap in the pal editor and won't work in SHISHI's Sprite Editor.

Lijj

There's the BMP also.
I fixed it by opening in Graphics Gale, then going under ALLFRAMES, COLORDEPTH, I changed it to 4pp (16 color) then back 8pp (256 color) and saving it. To add a portrait and it's separate palette see:http://ffhacktics.com/tutorials.php?id=10
  • Modding version: PSX

Koruten

Koruten

Finished my first sprite thanks to Kagebunji and Lijj.

Taichii

looks like someone from dragon ball haha
anyway i think using kage's suggested palettes would be better?
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Koruten

Reviving an old topic to show this. :>

It's a WIP. :P

Kagebunji

For a WIP, it's going in the right direction. I like the fur on his shoulder, rare in FFT. Let's see the final product :D

Koruten

Thanks Kagebunji. I'll keep you all updated.

Jumza

I like it a lot too! There are some strange dark pixels on the portrait though under the hair next to the ear, if it's a sideburn then I think it need to be connected a little more to the rest of the hair, if not then I'd be tempted to remove it. It's pretty snazzy though :o
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.