• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:10:37 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Why everyone loves FFT

Started by Jumza, January 07, 2013, 07:44:06 pm

Jumza

• Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Neophyte Ronin

Whereas every reconstructive engineer in this site wishes to do away with them.  Entirely.

Eternal

Calculators aren't entirely unsalvageable, see FFT: KO. They just need their skillset cut down. A lot.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

FFMaster

Well, if you want me to break them, I can.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Reks

I'd had the idea just now to 'fuse' them with Olan's Astrologer: That is, rather than using numbers, like elevation, level, CT, ect....

Effects and such based on a unit's Zodiac. Would be interesting, though it's unlikely, since that would only make their usefulness situational.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

efrate

For zodiacs if you can call specifics, make it into good/bad/best/worst/neutral combatability, and then use that as a guideline if possible.  I am sure it would require ASM but that way it keeps their use without being one time map wipe most of the time. 
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Reks

Very interesting, but I lack the skill and time to learn how to do this. Still, it's up in the air as is, and if I ever gain the time I will try to do so myself. But for now, it remains only an idea.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128