• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:17:23 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Old] FFT: Plus Chat/discussion topic

Started by Dome, July 29, 2011, 07:26:52 pm

NightwolfXVI

Alright I'm ignorant when it comes to computers and computer related stuff like this so please bare with me.
Operating System: Windows 7
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor LE-1640 2.70 GHz
Installed RAM 2.00 GB
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio

For plugins I am using: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9 and Eternal SPU Plugin 1.50
I've configured them to the way you showed in the battle logs section cause to be perfectly honest I had no idea what I was doing when I set this up >.<
P.S. thanks for your time guys

Eternal

If you go to your graphics plugin configuration, there should be two buttons- Fast and Best. If you click Fast, it should give you settings that'll tone the graphics down a bit but increase speed. Try that.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

NightwolfXVI

November 30, 2012, 10:53:57 am #262 Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 11:19:52 am by NightwolfXVI
Alright Eternal. Thanks for the advice. I will test it once I get out of the shower and let you know if that made a difference or not.

I tested it and it still lags. I'm going to changes its priority on my processor and see if that helps. Also would the bios I'm using make a difference?

Selius

massively late reply but:

hit f4. it turns off epsxe 1.7's frame rate limiter

dzk87

How would one go about creating a PPF that works on the PSP iso?

dzk87

Since I feel like people misunderstood me, I mean a PPF of FFT+ that works on the PSP ISO, as opposed to the PSX.

Eternal

Sadly, a lot of FFT+'s hacks don't work on the PSP, so making a .ppf of FFT+ for the PSP wouldn't work without cutting a lot of the hacks out.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

dzk87

I see.... well, I guess I will just play the PSX version. Thanks for letting me know.

Riky

Hello!
I am new here and can`t find FFT+ 1.02 @_@
In "Download + Master Guide" only Version 1.01C Beta but in same theme I find "Master guide Updated with 1.02 Changes", so maybe I look in wrong place? If it somewere else then link please. =)
If it is not created then sorry... I don`t want to be annoying or hurry you.
And I am bad in English, so it hard for me to read all topics...

Dome

Quote from: Riky on March 03, 2013, 02:12:04 am
Hello!
I am new here and can`t find FFT+ 1.02 @_@
In "Download + Master Guide" only Version 1.01C Beta but in same theme I find "Master guide Updated with 1.02 Changes", so maybe I look in wrong place? If it somewere else then link please. =)
If it is not created then sorry... I don`t want to be annoying or hurry you.
And I am bad in English, so it hard for me to read all topics...

Hi!
Sadly, 1.02 isn't out yet, you'll need to wait quite some time :-(
In the meantime, you can play 1.01c, which is fully playable (And fun, I hope) :-)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Riky

Thank you, but i`ll wait ^^
If I play now in this version then I woun`t have time for next xD
So many good games...
Hope you`ll make a great update, no matter how many time you`ll spend on it =)
Good luck! ^_^

Kalivos

March 17, 2013, 09:32:06 pm #271 Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 01:55:56 am by Kalivos
Man, epic patch and very nice job! me and my friend are playing this FFT patch and we're liking it very much, but we have some questions 'cause we couldn't find the answers anywhere; first of all, can we invite human enemies? second, is there a way to increase brave/faith? We saw the skillsets at the other topic but the oracle's skills are different. Ah and i just found a "bug", I don't know if it was intended, but the thunder rod item can sometimes give the "Faith" status when it hits someone.

Dome

Nope, there's no way to invite humans, you can only "Tame" monsters
It will be possible to increase/decrease brave/faith (But not permanently: Only during the fight) in the next version (1.02), which will be released after Jot5 Ch1 is out and Elric starts working on Vanilla Plus :-)
1.01c is not the final release, and bugs are to be expected, sadly xD

RavenOfRazgriz

Just again casually pointing out you don't really need to wait on VPlus and are better off just moving on without it.  I lost a couple files related to it when my old hard disk exploded that Elric doesn't have so that's going to be a long time coming if I ever get to finish it at all.

Dome

CHL_305

Dome,
Good job on the mod homie, I am enjoying it so far. It was really giving me a hard time at the beginning but that forced me to up my strategy and actually get better at the game. So of course I wanted to make my Ramza a Heretic/Draw out (or Punch Art) since it seemed the best combo besides white magic. I did all the work to unlock samurai without exp leveling (mind numbing) and I saw that the samurai lost his status effects, mainly Don't Move (my favorite). My fault of course for not doing the proper research but I can still admit that I shed a man tear for one of my favorite classes. At this point I am committed and hopefully with the nerfs, draw out still makes a good secondary ability. Still, moment of silence for the Samurai *pours out some 40oz Old English on the ground*.

Kalivos

Long time ago I've made a video showing my friend how I defeated Velius, don't know why I didn't post here before though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPgGLsy1Cjg

I thought it could be helpful.

ericporing

i dont know where to post this and i've searched but ground aware's poison immunity dont work. tried it by whacking poison rod, casting poison and walking my pips into the swamp.

love your patch btw

Dome

I think the version of the program I used to make that edit was buggy...I'll try to fix that in the next release
I'm glad you are liking it :-)

P.s: Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true!

LordMagus

So is the master guide still accurate for 1.01c?  The topic says it was updated for 1.02, but that doesn't appear to be out yet.