• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:24:07 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT: Parted Ways General Discussion Thread

Started by Eternal248, December 18, 2010, 10:06:27 am

Eternal

Use this thread to discuss glitches and other issues with the demo (and the final version, eventually). Also, this topic can be used for discussing other Parted Ways suggestions, as well.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Arganthonius7

)______________________________
EDIT: Sorry saw the glitches post

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Eternal

You do realize the demo was only Sand Rats, Sand Rats II, Thieves' Fort, and Igros Castle, right? :P

Preview 3, you got unlucky with Stop. He has a ton of abilities at his disposal. He just didn't feel like using them, apparently.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Barren

I was able to load the demos no problem but i didn't fully realize that the new game would be different from the saves you did. but i did enjoy testing it, overall i like your ideas into this new patch :) keep up the good work.
You dare cross blades with me?

dinosaur

For the sniper- what is the difference between eagle and precision?

On the patch they do the same damage and accuracy.

Eternal

Aim has Weapon Range. Eagle's Splendor will always hit at 3 panels, but can miss.

dinosaur

I am not a fan of the ability Thor's Wrath as a counter attack. Trying to hit a person on a six panel spread is rare and kind of pointless. I would not use the ability.

Eternal

Sorry about the lack of updates recently. I've been busy, but I'm still working on skills and such. Nothing really to show off, but things are pressing forward!

Eternal

OK, so, skills are pretty much done for the most part. I'm now moving on to ENTD's for Chapter 1 and 2's battles for Part 1. After, I'm going to get to work on special jobs. Things are progressing smoothly, and things are (mostly) on schedule!

Kagebunji

That is great, once we have final chapter one, I weill do EVTCHRs, since I got all the tools needed and ready to use, hehe.

Kagebunji

Eternal

Not a job editor, a formula editor. A tool that can make whatever formula for skills that you will. That's mostly what I'm waiting for. :P

Panda_Tar

Well, I'd like to say that I like the...new coinance system. Pretty cool to think on it. I also thought interesting having simplified potion to only 1 type (as far as I can see) and input those FFX based items, such as the Curtain family. Also, all the new items look important and situational, which is something I didn't see in the original, where we could perhaps NEVER use something like Maiden's Kiss (and how do you bottle a maiden's kiss, for that matter? oO), for example.

Item effects, cost and descriptions seem really nice so far and I'm also amused by how you rewrote the dialogs in the storyline (of course you seemed still not having changed anything on Bars dialogs, for 'Death Corps' name was visible at Rumors still, and I believe it's not an urgent matter either).

Double Exp seemed too cheap. But, given that much of our capabilities seem to depend on items and skills learned, I'm supposing that Leveling Up might not be that important, is that right?

Random battle can be hard! This is good. :) But killing monsters seemed a bit easier than expected. I think they can use some more defensive statuses, but I'll see on late game how that feels by.

• Modding version: PSX
Always interpreting the foul side of things makes you fouler still.

skiploom188

One thing that slightly bothered me. Created the scenario in Rage Comics form to be more expressive.

======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Eternal

It means you restore the damage you deal, lol. The comic was funny though. We need more of these. :P

skiploom188

Oh... so that's what it means. Okay

But if you take it literally, it kinda sounds as if it only takes away HP and not get it for himself. No correction needed now I guess.

Thanks for commenting about the comic :) Hehe, done it out of boredom

I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

skiploom188

Something happened to me again while playing... Rage comics will tell you the story :mrgreen:

Almagest Rage Comics

I just like to express stuff this way :)

Eternal

Yeah, when you change monster abilities like that, their menu sometimes lies. Not sure if there's a fix for that at all yet. :(

skiploom188

It's okay, at least I got through that level. :D