• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:57:34 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Format Memory Card?

Started by FinalInsanity, March 16, 2012, 11:51:04 pm

FinalInsanity

I'm having problems getting the Memcard Generator to work for me. I put in the team data and all, that's fine. When I save the WinHex file, I load it up in FFTastic, resave it, and close FFTastic. I then load the memory card in ePSXe with the Arena patch, and it asks me if I want to format it or not. I have no idea what I did wrong, and I'm not sure if this has happened before. Any help would be appreciated.
Beaver is as beaver does.

Celdia

I've run into this with FFTastic for various things. Assuming that the problem isn't with the data you're pasting into WinHex, have you been loading the .CLF file as well into the Character Library and telling that to also save? I can't get Tastic to make anything functional unless I also do that.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

FinalInsanity

Tried that just now, didn't seem to work unfortunately. It's still telling me to do a format D:

I could try posting my GME and Excel file if that would help. I'm sure there's something in there that would give away what I'm doing wrong.

FinalInsanity

Well, I've found a workaround I believe. Essentially, I grabbed a memory conversion tool and transferred the save file from the GME to an MCR file, and it loads properly. I'm not entirely sure what the problem was with the GME, but as long as I've got things working, I'm happy.